Press Release (ePRNews.com) - Seoul, Korea - Nov 27, 2015 - PocketCluster, an OSX BigData application, has been updated to version 0.1.2 on Saturday Nov. 21, 2015. Compared to existing developer sandboxes, PocketCluster is designed to provide a simple approach to build and operate multi-nodes Hadoop environment on OSX. It provides graphical user interfaces only in installation and operation processes. PocketCluster lets users build and operate a up-to 6 nodes Hadoop cluster with Raspberry PI 2 or a 3 nodes cluster with Vagrant.
With the simple approach to operate multi-nodes Hadoop environment, PocketCluster helps users accelerate in two use cases:
- Conduct quick experiments on Hadoop to test a hypothesis
- Gain experience on Hadoop within OS X environment
- Up-to 6 nodes Hadoop cluster with Raspberry PI 2
- 3 nodes Hadoop cluster with Vagrant
- Start and stop HDFS & YARN service from OSX top menu bar
- Cluster status indicator on OSX top menu bar
- Hadoop Environment Shell
This version has been anticipated since Makezine and MagPi (issue #38) have covered PocketCluster’s Raspberry PI 2 Cluster enclosure in September, 2015.
- iMac, Mac Pro, Mac mini, MacBook Air, Macbook, Macbook Pro, MacBook Pro with Retina
- Requires OSX 10.11 or later
- Raspberry PI 2
Pricing and Availability:
PocketCluster 0.1.2 is free with no in-app purchase, and available worldwide through PocketCluster blog in combination with video tutorials.
Sung–Taek Kim is a Big-Data engineer enthusiastic about solving problems in funny and unique ways. He is currently focused on building great developer experience.
Contact :[email protected]
Business Info : PocketCluster