Press Release (ePRNews.com) - LONDON, England - Feb 23, 2017 - SMi Groups 5th annual conference on Pharmaceutical Freeze Drying Technology will return to London on 8th and 9th May 2017 to address common industry hurdles in the lyophilisation of biologics.
Traditionally, pharmaceutical freeze-drying processes had been developed by trial-and-error, hit-and-miss experimentation. However, with stricter regulatory requirements and the need to maintain product stability, it is critical that techniques are rapid, rigorous and reproducible.
This year’s conference will provide critical updates through a selection of big pharma keynote addresses and case studies in areas such as formulation principles, process development, analytics for the characterisation of lyophilisates and stability.
The agenda will aim to address questions on:
1. The impact of freeze drying on cake appearance and protein stability
2. Moisture content in lyophilised products and the relationship between moisture and activity
3. The primary packaging for freeze dried pharmaceuticals and its importance to product stability
4. The detection of silicon oil leaks in lyo-Installation
5. New approaches to reduce viscosity and optimising reconstitution time
6. The benefits and challenges of using PAT as part of a QbD approach to freeze drying
7. The application of drying techniques in continuous manufacturing using spray drying methods
8. The scale up your freeze drying cycle for bio-products
9. Leveraging modelling based approaches to optimise different stages of the lyophilisation process
10. The risks and limitations of increasing fill volume in a vial
11. Practical approaches to tech transfer in commercial lyophilisation
Some of those already confirmed to attend include:
Bayer | BioPharma Technology | Boehringer Ingelheim | Bristol-Myers Squibb | F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd. | Genzyme Ireland Ltd | GSK | Imperial College London | MedImmune Inc. | Merck KGaA | NIBSC-MHRA | Novo Nordisk A / S | OPTIMA pharma GmbH | Pacifi Ltd | Pfizer Inc | Pharmaterials | Roche Pharmaceuticals | Sanofi | Syngenta Limited
Pharmaceutical Freeze Drying Technology
5th Annual Conference: 8th & 9th May
Interactive workshops: 10th May
Copthorne Tara Hotel, London, UK
For all media enquiries contact Teri Arri on Tel: +44 (0)20 7827 6162 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For exhibition and sponsorship enquires contact Alia Malick on Tel: +44 (0)20 7827 6168 / Email: email@example.com
For all other enquires contact the team on Tel: +44 (0)20 7827 6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk
If you have any concerns regarding this press release, please contact the Author / Media Contact / Business of this press release. ePRNews is not resposible for the accuracy of the news posted and do not endorse, support any product/ services/ business mentioned and hereby disclaims any content contained in this press release.