Press Release (ePRNews.com) - MADISON, Ga. - Feb 20, 2018 - The International Hyperbaric Medical Association (IHMA) is pleased to announce HBOT2018, the 12th International Symposium for Hyperbaric Medicine, being held in Denver, Colorado, August 10th-12th, 2018.
This conference has assembled many of the leading specialists from the United States and around the world, who will present the very latest discoveries, research, cases and protocols, combining hyperbaric treatment in animals and humans.
Commented Greg Morgan, M.D., President of the IHMA, “Our mission is to improve public health by implementing high ethical and scientific standards for hyperbaric medicine, educating the medical community, decision makers and policy experts about the benefits of hyperbaric medicine and adjunctive therapies; and working to make HBOT more universally available and affordable. We believe these efforts will eventually lead to most hospitals in America having a hyperbaric center available for both inpatient and outpatient treatments. Collectively, we can increase access to safe and effective hyperbaric oxygen therapy across the globe.”
HBOT2018 Conference & Expo will focus on a multitude of topics within Adult Neurological Disorders; Treatment Pre-Conditioning and HBOT; Pediatric Care and HBOT; Chronic Infectious Disease; Addiction, Pain Management and HBOT; Hyperbaric Research and Treatments with Animals; Other Modalities and HBOT Protocols; together with new Hyperbaric Chamber Accreditation Standards.
The IHMA has introduced new standards that are setting them apart from any other hyperbaric organizations.
· Establishing a Government Relations Committee, where they continue advocacy as the only hyperbaric medical organization with registered lobbyists in Washington, DC, to better educate policy makers.
· Leadership Through a Scientific Advisory Committee, who support and direct successful research efforts for existing HBOT protocols and expansion of promising new indications, including traumatic brain injury, cancer and many others.
· Maintaining a historical practice of meeting with local, state and federal legislators while presenting valid data to governmental and private health care providers.
· Standardize pubim tiered levels for hyperbaric therapy by developing an inclusive structure for three tiers of treatment, to provide safe guidelines for the full range of global practitioners, as appropriate for their scope of practice.
· Expand HBOT Reimbursements by working with clinics to support increased HBOT reimbursements, where treatments are effective and appropriate.
Within the IHMA community, members can benefit from:-
· Quarterly newsletter detailing news relevant to the hyperbaric community, including updates on current works, future projects and important news items; immediate updates on groundbreaking news related to hyperbaric medicine as they happen.
· Introductory document set relative to IHMA & IHMF activities via Secure IHMA Dropbox available to members.
· Professional Membership listing with website linkage.
· Membership Certificate recognizing your support.
· IHMA Membership logo lapel pin.
Additionally, IHMA receive special discount and priority registration to HBOT2018 and other IHMA-approved educational programs.
At HBOT2018, physicians can gain 19.5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™. Additionally, for the first time, overseas attendees will be able to listen to a live stream of the entire 3 days of lectures, so broadening the global awareness and education. Healthcare professionals, including M.D.’s, N.D.’s, D.O.’s, D.V.M.’s, D.C.’s, R.N.’s, technicians and clinical staff will all gain valuable knowledge from attending.
The brand new Hyatt Regency Aurora – Denver Convention Center, provides the perfect setting, with special HBOT2018 group discounts and close to Denver International Airport. With 16 of the leading and most highly respected speakers in hyperbaric medicine within research and treatment protocols lecturing at HBOT2018, this is going to be a groundbreaking conference.
For complete information on the 12th International Symposium to be held in Denver this August, visit www.HBOT2018.com for further information on the IHMA and membership details, visit https://www.hyperbaricmedicalassociation.org/ihma-membership
For more information about the IHMA, please contact:
Greg Morgan, MD
International Hyperbaric Medical Association (IHMA)
Tel: 405 816 5592
For more information about press relations, please contact: Source :
Tel: 954 540 1896
International Hyperbaric Medical Association