Press Release (ePRNews.com) - LOS ANGELES - May 27, 2019 - Youth for Human Rights International will hold its 16th Annual International Human Rights Summit June 27 – 28 at United Nations Headquarters in New York, followed by a multicultural human rights celebration June 29 in Harlem. Young people who wish to represent their countries as part of the Summit’s youth program, and those of all ages and walks of life who are passionate about human rights education, are invited to attend.
- Join officials and advocates who work for equality and justice through human rights education
- Hear from youth and adult human rights champions
- Collaborate with passionate young men and women who are making human rights a global reality
- Establish international partnerships and friendships with delegates from more than 60 countries
- Learn from the work of international Youth Delegates and special guest speakers
- Honor deserving winners of the 2019 Human Rights Hero Awards
- Celebrate diverse cultures through human rights-themed performances
To participate, follow 3 simple steps:
1. Click here on “REGISTER NOW
” and fill in the registration form
2. Submit any additional information if requested by organizers
3. Receive confirmation of participation
Youth ages 18 to 29 who are active in promoting human rights through education are encouraged to apply for the Summit’s Youth Program where they may represent their country as Youth Delegates or return as Youth Ambassadors if they have participated in previous years. Select “Youth Participant” as Registration Type in the registration form.
The Summit’s Youth Program applications
close on Friday, June 7.
- Fees: Thanks to the efforts of Youth for Human Rights International and the Summit’s co-organizers, there are no registration or entrance fees for the 2019 Summit meetings or events.
- Expenses and Sponsorship: Sponsorships are not available for airfares, visas or travel insurance. Youth for Human Rights International and its generous sponsors provide scholarships for select participants in the Summit’s youth program, covering the cost of meals and accommodation for a limited period in New York. All other attendees are responsible for the cost of their participation.
- Registration: Due to limited seating, early registration is recommended. Registration closes Friday, June 14. Registration does not confirm a seat, and those wishing to attend will be asked to confirm their attendance toward the end of June. For security reasons, only existing UN pass holders and those with a confirmed registration will be granted access to the United Nations.
- Visas and Immigration: Conference attendees requiring visas to enter the United States should apply immediately to allow time for the application process. For help with visas and immigration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth for Human Rights International