NEST exam is a national level entrance exam to which applicants can apply thorughout India. It is compulsory for students seeking admission in National Institute of Science Education and Research and University of Mumbai. This exam is conducted to provide admissions to candidates in the five year integrated MSc program in basic science.
● The applicant must have passed the board exam in the science stream with aggregate marks of 60% to be eligible to apply for the exam.
● The applicant must have studied the combination of any three subjects among biology, chemistry, physics and maths in class 11th and 12th.
● The applicants must be between 18 to 20 years of age to be eligible to apply and the candidates belonging to OBC cast have relaxation of 5 years on the age limit. The applicants must submit their OBC certificate in order to be eligible to avail this relaxation on the age limit.
These are a few tricks that help with efficient preparation:
1. Syllabus – You must be very familiar with the syllabus of the NEST exam and the most important parts. Being familiar with the syllabus will help you have a better idea about the number of questions and duration and marking pattern of the exam just like the same case as TOEFL exam. .
2. Concepts – It is essential that you understand the concept right. You must go through all the topics that you can and study about them rather than just briefing through them.
3. Notes – It is essential that you make notes during the preparation to be able to revise these notes on a later date and recollect everything you have learnt. Preparing notes also helps you in revising during the final days of the exam and comes in really handy during the last minute preparation.
4. Mock Tests – It is essential you solve a few papers from the past in order to be able to get a better understanding of the syllabus and important topics that usually repeat.This can be done while preparing for the TOEFL exam as well. Having solved the past papers not only helps you have a better understanding of the concept but also helps you in teaching you to manage your time. Solving about 3-5 papers of the past year must be good enough to have a better understanding of the important concepts and time management.
5. Time Management – It is extremely important to think of time as a resource and manage it well. You can create a study schedule in which you study for 2 hours and then take a break for 30 minutes following that. If you keep following the studies schedule and managing time efficiently the chances of you scoring well in this exam are higher.
6. Mind Maps – Mind maps can be one of the best ways to remember certain concepts. If you associate the most important concepts with your memory on any items or things, it makes it easier for you to remember it. Once you remember this topic you can draw a mind map that follows to the next topic and so on.
Author: Sai Raja M
Sai Raja M is a college student who aspires to be an entrepreneur. His primary goal is to help other students choose a more meaningful and relevant career in their life.