Press Release (ePRNews.com) - ABUJA, Nigeria - Oct 19, 2016 - Nigeria’s Minister of Mines and Steel Development, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, will deliver the welcome address at the inaugural Nigeria Mining Week which is taking place in Abuja from 25-27 October.
“A national mining event, which we hope will grow into an international event,” is how Alhaji Sani Shehu,the President of the Miners Association of Nigeria (MAN) and organisers of the Nigeria Mining Week, describes the event, which is co-located with the second edition of the iPAD Nigeria Mining & Quarrying Forum in partnership with PwC Nigeria conference and exhibition.
Cyril Azobu, PwC Nigeria’s Advisory Partner and Mining sector leader says this of the partnership: “building on the success of the PwC Mining round table in November 2014, we are very happy to have partnered with iPAD Nigeria to organise the Nigeria Mining Forum which held in November 2015. The forum opened the door to an exclusive networking opportunity for key stakeholders as well as technology solution providers who were seeking a new market and new clients for mineral exploration and extraction. It also afforded an opportunity for close interaction with policy makers to elucidate on their plans for the sector.”
He adds: “as leading advisors to the mining industry with mining professionals in all significant mining territories which includes Nigeria, PwC Nigeria is proud to team up with MAN and iPAD Nigeria to host the first edition of the Nigeria Mining Week, and we look forward to a very robust interaction”
“Nigeria a re-emerging mining nation”
Abuja is preparing for an all-encompassing meeting place for the mining sector, which will comprise a grand opening, strategic conference, technology and services showcase, various workshops for artisanal and small scale miners, followed by a grand closing.
The event is hosted by the Ministry of Mines and Steel Development and will welcome the entire mining ecosystem comprising of artisanal and small scale miners, junior mining operators, exploration companies, local and international investors, financial institutions, traders, solution providers as well as government bodies, to meet and discuss the current state of the market.
The iPAD Nigeria conference line-up includes some high-level industry experts:
• “The industry should know that with the renewed Government interest in mining development in Nigeria and the incentives such as tax holidays, removal of export duty for mining equipment and readiness of indigenous operators to partner with foreign investors, Nigeria is now a re-emerging mining nation worth exploring.”
– Alhaji Sani Shehu, MAN President
• “We need to look at quick win mining projects to showcase Nigeria as a mining destination. The forum must build on its success of last year to ensure the mining sector and the opportunities abound and remain in everyone’s consciousness.”
– Mr Ola Alokolaro, Managing Partner – Head of Energy and Infrastructure
Group, Advocaat Law Practice and panellist in the iPAD Nigeria Mining &
Quarrying Forum conference. Advocaat is also a returning bronze sponsor
for the event.
• “Knowledge about Nigeria’s mining potential I believe is very sketchy; therefore the need to aggressively pursue the objective of showcasing what we have to offer the world and thereby grow our local economy in the process”
– Oluwaseun Olatunji, MD/CEO, S.B. Olatunji Global Nigeria Ltd. (SBOG) –
also a returning bronze sponsor
Other industry supporters at the event are Bank of Industry as silver sponsors while well-known companies such as Aelex, Akabogu & Associates, Banwo & Ighodalo, Kian Smith Trade & Co, Nigachem Nigeria Ltd and Palladium Mining Ltd are also confirmed as bronze sponsors.
The Nigeria Mining Week is organised by the Miners Association of Nigeria in partnership with Spintelligent and PwC Nigeria. Spintelligent is a well-known trade conference and expo organiser on the continent. The company has particular expertise and experience in mining and infrastructure development events; including the long running flagship shows such as the iPAD series, the DRC Mining Week, CBM-TEC in Zambia, the Kenya Mining Forum in Nairobi and African Utility Week in Cape Town.
Nigeria Mining Week dates and location:
Conference and showcase: 25-28 October 2016
Event location: Sheraton Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria
Senior communications manager: Annemarie Roodbol
Telephone: +27 21 700 3558
Mobile: +27 82 562 7844
iPAD Nigeria Mining & Quarrying Forum