Press Release (ePRNews.com) - LONDON - May 17, 2016 - For the modern armoured vehicle operator, the weapon system continues to offer a vital means of boosting combat effectiveness. Both during offensive and defensive operations, mounted forces must be fully prepared to counter and ultimately defeat an increasing array of threats to both the platform, its crew and dismounted mechanised forces, the support of whom is vital.
Drawing on the operational and strategic experience of military experts, as well as the technical expertise of those at the forefront of industry and research, SMi’s Future Armoured Vehicles Weapons Systems conference, taking place on 28th – 29th June in London, shall explore the defining factors that contribute to enhanced lethality and fire superiority for land forces.
An examination of emerging technologies in these key areas, ranging from the latest weapon systems, smart munitions, fire control and target acquisition, shall be combined with operational case studies and key programme updates from commanders and military project leaders, to develop definitive requirements and solutions for enhancing lethality.
Speaker Panel includes:
• Colonel Glenn Dean, Program Manager, Stryker Brigade Combat Team, PEO Ground Combat Systems, United States Army
• Colonel Márcio Callafange Jr, Chief of the Armoured Vehicles Section, Brazilian Army Materiel Directorate, Brazil
• Colonel (ret) Mike Smith, TARDEC Science & Technology Advocate to the Manoeuvre Centre of Excellence, Tank Automotive Research Engineering Centre (TARDEC), United States Army
• Lieutenant Colonel William Waugh, Commanding Officer, Armoured Fighting Vehicle Gunnery School, British Army
• Lieutenant Colonel Scott McKenzie, Director Armament Sustainment Program Management, Canadian Armed Forces
• Major Xavier Lepiouffe, Technical Manager of GRIFFON & JAGUAR Vehicles for SCORPION Programme, DGA, France
• Brigadier Ben Barry (ret), Senior Fellow for Land Warfare, Defence and Military Analysis Programme, International Institute for Strategic Studies
• Dr Mike Dalzell, Capability Advisor, Mounted Close Combat, British Army
• Mr Florian Wiss, Fire Support Manager, JAGUAR Vehicles, DGA, France
• Mr Andreas Zekorn, Programme Manager for BOXER, OCCAR
• Mr Giorgio Scappaticci, Head of Weapons Systems and Equipment Support, NATO Support and Procurement Agency
• Secretary Miha Matek, Head of Armament Project Management Division, Ministry of Defence, Slovenia
• Mr Dave Leeming, Research Director, Ordnance Test Solutions Ltd, UK
To view the full speaker line-up and conference programme, visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/armouredvehicles-weapons2.asp
Plus, don’t miss the interactive pre-conference workshop taking place on 27th June 2016: Source :
Optimising Armoured Vehicle Programme Management: from the Definition of Requirements to Effective Practices for Trials and Development
Hosted by: Mr Dave Leeming, Research Director, Ordnance Test Solutions Ltd, UK