Press Release (ePRNews.com) - CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Jan 05, 2017 - In an effort to improve access to care, to spread awareness about the disease of addiction and to highlight the power of sobriety, we’ve identified and interviewed a number of addicts who are open to sharing their stories. They hope that by opening up about their experience with addiction they can start to change the conversation and spread hope to others who are struggling.
Using the hashtag #ThisisSober, this is the opportunity for all who have been touched by addiction to tell the stories of themselves or their loved ones who have struggled but are now living a clean, sober life. We want to spread awareness and encourage those who are in the midst of their addiction to get the treatment that can save their life and completely transform and enhance their physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
For additional information, content, and to access the homepage of the campaign, you can visit: http://www.carolinashealthcare.org/ThisIsSober. Alcohol and addiction experts are available to comment upon request.
The following are examples of stories shared by the #thisissober hashtag thus far. We welcome you to take this content and use it as you wish with your audiences. It is our hope that you also encourage them to respond by sharing their own stories publicly and using the #thisissober hashtag.
· #ThisisSober: Libby’s Story: http://blogs.carolinas.org/dailydose/this-is-sober-libbys…
· #ThisisSober: Lauren’s Story: http://blogs.carolinas.org/dailydose/thisissober-laurens-…
· #ThisIsSober: Tondra’s Story: http://blogs.carolinas.org/dailydose/thisissober-tondras-…
· #ThisIsSober: Brad’s Story: http://blogs.carolinas.org/dailydose/thisissober-brads-st…
· #ThisIsSober: Amy’s Story: http://blogs.carolinas.org/dailydose/thisissober-amys-story/
· #ThisIsSober: Q&A with Heather: http://blogs.carolinas.org/dailydose/thisissober-qa-with-heather/
· #ThisIsSober: Allan’s Story: http://blogs.carolinas.org/dailydose/thisissober-allans-story/
· Thoughts on Alcohol and Drunk Driving from Local Experts: http://blogs.carolinas.org/dailydose/thoughts-on-alcohol-and-drunk-driving-from-local-experts/
Thank you so much for your time, and if you have any questions, just ask! Source :
Carolinas Healthcare System