Press Release (ePRNews.com) - Oct 21, 2016 - Belvoir franchise owners and staff have already raised thousands of pounds for charity in 2016, but a new initiative due to be launched across the network next month aims to raise thousands more.
“I am incredibly proud of the achievements of our franchise owners for taking time out of their busy schedules to raise money for local and national charities,” says Belvoir’s Managing Director, Dorian Gonsalves.
“Just last month Ann, Steve and James Whalley of Belvoir Northwich and Congleton, hosted their fifth annual charity golf day, which was sponsored by Franklyn Financial Management, and thanks to the generosity of landlords and other supporters managed to raise £3,387.50. This brings the total they have raised for Macmillan Cancer Support in the past six years to over £18k – a fantastic achievement.
“Over in Belvoir Telford, Simon and Sally Bell and their entire team completed a 1000 miles challenge, having run, cycled and swam the total mileage throughout September. This was a 30-day challenge, but they completed it two days early, and have so far raised about £1000, putting them firmly on track to raise the £5000 they need to buy, have trained and put a lovely Labrador into service for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
“Earlier in the summer Gary and Amanda Pemberton of Belvoir Warrington completed the London marathon and the London to Paris bike ride. They raised just over £3k and in the past two years have raised over £9k for the “Children’s Adventure Farm Trust”, which is a local charity that is very special to them.
“I would like to congratulate all of our franchise owners and staff who have raised money for charity throughout the year, whether it’s through Macmillan coffee mornings, sponsored runs, or other events. However, in a final push for 2016 we are now launching a new charity initiative for November, entitled “Time to Give,” when franchise owners and staff from across the network try to raise as much money as possible for any cause that is close to their hearts or that of their local community.
“For our 20 year anniversary celebrations last year, Belvoir offices raised an incredible £20,000 for charity and, with the support of our loyal landlords and tenants, we aim to do even better this year. The team at Belvoir’s Central Office will also be doing their bit by taking part in a “Tour de Belvoir” challenge, using gym equipment to row, cycle, or run over 750 miles, which is the distance from Belvoir’s Bournemouth office in the south, to our Belvoir Orkney office, which is the furthest north. More news on this momentous effort will be released next month, but I wish everyone who takes part every success!”
To find your nearest Belvoir office visit www.belvoir.co.uk
NOTES TO EDITORS
· Belvoir was founded in February 1995 by Mike and Stephanie Goddard. Its Central Office is in Grantham, Lincolnshire.
· Mike was chairman of the bfa for three consecutive years and is currently the Chief Executive Officer of Belvoir. Dorian Gonsalves is Managing Director. Dorian sits on the Board of The Property Ombudsman.
· Belvoir is recognised as the largest property franchise network on the High Street, with over 300 offices nationwide.
· Belvoir was officially awarded the Best Lettings Agency Franchise – Gold Award at the 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2010 Lettings Agency of the Year Awards in association with The Sunday Times & The Times. Belvoir also won the Silver Award in 2011.
· Belvoir was voted Best Large Lettings Chain at the Estate & Letting Agent Awards (ESTAs) 2013, which was hosted by Phil Spencer, and won Silver in 2014 and 2015. Belvoir has won Brand Builder of the Year at the bfa Franchisor of the Year Awards 2011 and Best Marketing Campaign of the Year at the Franchise Marketing Association (FMA) Awards 2011.
· Belvoir is a founder member of the SAFEagent Kitemark scheme, which is fully supported by NALS. SAFEagent promotes client money protection (CMP) and provides consumers with a clear message on those agents they should do business with.
· Belvoir successfully listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange on 21st February 2012.
For further information or to arrange an interview with Dorian Gonsalves please contact Andrea McHugh, Headlines Journalism, tel: 01476 567438/07940 930 331, email: email@example.com Source :