Press Release (ePRNews.com) - AYLESBURY, England - May 16, 2016 - The Investigator is hosting the latest in its cyber crime series that looks at the Bitcoin virtual currency and how it is used in some of the most serious of crimes that are committed online including drugs, theft, money laundering and international arms trafficking.
Bitcoin is a form of virtual currently that has been increasingly exploited by criminals to carry out illegal transactions anonymously. The fact that they can trade with relative anonymity has made it a major challenge for investigators to try and uncover the criminals behind the illegal trading.
Our one day workshop is specifically tailored to investigators and is designed to help you investigate online crimes involving the Bitcoin currency and maximise the investigative opportunities.
The day will include:
• An introduction to Bitcoin, its history and its uses both illegal and legal
• What is a Bitcoin address and how can investigators use the address to uncover criminals?
• What does a Bitcoin transaction look like? A practical exercise will demonstrate this.
• What is a Bitcoin block chain?
• A look at the different types of Dark Market places – delving in the murky world of the Dark Web to uncover the illegal trading opportunities that exist on this often impenetrable section of the internet.
• A look at the types of crimes where Bitcoin is used
• Case studies of ‘real life’ investigations from both the UK and internationally.
The day will be led by Kevin Beardsley and Nathan Jessop from international Bitcoin experts Elliptic.
Elliptic is a unique organisation in that it deals solely with Bitcoin offences and so has built up an enviable expertise in this area.
Experts at Elliptic have helped hundreds of investigators and financial institutions worldwide to trace illegal Bitcoin activity and help uncover the criminals behind the activity.
They have been involved in solving crime including drugs, theft, money laundering and international arms trafficking.
Together, Kevin and Nathan will provide delegates with the benefit of their vast practical experience in this area and are available for more detailed training as a follow-up from the workshop.
Who should attend?
The day is aimed at investigators of all ranks who want to develop and improve their understanding of online bitcoin investigations as well as keep informed about current and future developments in this ever evolving area.
Venue: Rothley Court, Rothley, Westfield Lane, Rothley, Leicestershire, LE7 7LG. Accommodation is available at the hotel. www.rothleycourthotel-leicester.co.uk
Details: Registration 9.30am, start time 10am, finish 3pm. Refreshments and lunch are included in the price
Cost: £195 for one delegate.
Booking: Please send the delegates name(s), email address and purchase order to email@example.com or telephone 0844 660 8707 for further information.
Payment can be made by debit/credit card or Paypal.
13 Station Road, Stoke Mandeville,
Bucks, HP22 5UL.
Tel: 0844 6608707