Press Release (ePRNews.com) - LONDON - Nov 16, 2016 - With the Ending Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) 2016-2020 strategy setting out an ambitious vision to shift focus from crisis response to early intervention and prevention, there has never been a better time for organisations to enhance their strategy for tackling domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Following the Government’s announcement that an £80 million VAWG Service Transformation Fund will come into effect in 2017 as part of the new strategy, this conference enables organisations to develop a cost-effective, and multi-agency approach to tackling VAWG.
· Keynote Address: Diana Barran, Chief Executive, SafeLives
· Sarah Green, Co-Director, End Violence Against Women Coalition
· Alison Byrne, Specialist FGM Midwife and Member, FGM National Clinical Group
· Kelly Henderson, Domestic Abuse Lead, Gentoo and Co-Founder, Domestic Abuse Housing Alliance (DAHA)
· Natalie Wood, Independent Domestic Violence Advocate, London Borough of Bexley
· Richard Welch, Borough Commander, London Fire Brigade
Attendees will gain transferable knowledge on engaging with men and boys about the VAWG agenda and hear from best practice examples on recognising high risk situations.
Contact: Naomi Wood – email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter @capitaconf #VAWGconf Source :