Press Release (ePRNews.com) - Tampa, FLORIDA - Jan 31, 2018 - Owning a classic car is a privilege. If you are lucky enough to own one, you literally own a little piece of history and have a very unique investment. Although most vehicles will depreciate with age, a true classic car only becomes more in demand, and if kept in good condition, will increase in price through the years.
No matter what your reason for owning a classic car is, making sure you keep the exterior and interior protected is of utmost importance. Here are a few of Eva-Dry’s Tips for Seasonal Classic Car Storage:
- A classic car should be stored in a dark and dry space. Concrete flooring is best at keeping away moisture. If you do not have garage space at your home, consider a seasonal or long-term vehicle storage unit to ensure your investment stays in mint condition.
- Before you store your car for the season, give the outside of the vehicle a proper cleaning and wax. Additionally, make the sure the interior is cleaned and dusted, ensuring that there is nothing left inside the car that does not need to be there. Also, double check that all the windows are closed.
- Fill the fuel tank so that there is less room for air, which carries moisture that can lead to fuel contamination and possibly rust within the tank.
- If you choose to use a vehicle cover, select a breathable cloth car cover instead of plastic one that can trap condensation and lead to rust.
- Change the oil and filter right before putting away the vehicle to reduce the risk of harmful contaminants working away at your engine.
- To capture unwanted moisture in the air that can damage your vehicle, place a renewable dehumidifier, like the E-333 Dehumidifier inside your car. You can also use a larger dehumidifier in your garage or storage unit, like the EDV-2500 Mid-Size Dehumidifier, to regulate humidity levels in spaces of up to 2,500 cubic feet.
The essential point is that all air contains a certain amount of moisture, but excess levels can threaten your classic car while in storage. By removing the moisture from the air in the garage or directly inside your car with dehumidifier, you will help keep everything condensation and corrosion free.
Equipping your garage, storage unit and vehicle with a dehumidifier is a vital step in ensuring that your classic car and other valuables will be protected from rusting. Locations such as this can be prone to attracting condensation that will lead ineffectively accelerating the process of rust and corrosion and steel.
“Equipping your garage, storage unit and vehicle with a dehumidifier is a vital step in ensuring that your classic car and other valuables will be protected from rusting,” said Matt Henson, Vice President of Business Development for Eva-Dry. “Locations such as this can be prone to attracting condensation that will lead ineffectively accelerating the process of rust and corrosion and steel.”
Eva-Dry dehumidifiers require no electricity, operate silently, and use eco-friendly silica gel technology that is non-toxic and spill-proof. Best of all, they can be recharged and can last up to ten years! Protect your car from mold, mildew and musty odors with a dehumidifier from Eva-Dry. These renewable dehumidifiers will keep condensation at bay, keeping your classic car safe from the silent threat of moisture both in and out of storage.
About Eva Dry Dehumidifiers
Since 2003, Eva-Dry compact dehumidifiers have earned their reputation as the safest, healthiest and most efficient method to reduce ambient moisture by providing a higher absorption rate than alternate disposable dehumidifying products. The compact, renewable Eva-Dry units reduce humidity to fight mold, moisture and mildew in homes, boats, RVs, safes, and other valuable item storage. Visit http://www.eva-dry.com, or call (877) 382-3790 for more information. Source :