Press Release (ePRNews.com) - ROME, Italy - Oct 06, 2016 - The agenda will have a particular focus on how to integrate naval assets to enhance maritime operations. Topics that will be explored include: maritime helicopters, unmanned vehicles, radars and shore based sensors.
“The UK Ministry of Defence has signed a licence agreement with ASV Global allowing for the use of its Advanced Unmanned Surface Vehicle (USV) Capability technology.
The contract has been signed through Ploughshare Innovations, the technology transfer arm of the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) allows use of advanced marine autonomy software.
The licence is centred on Dstl’s Advanced USV Capability Project, due for completion in late 2017, which has developed an autonomous navigation system that enables USVs to operate safely at both high and low speeds.” *(Source)
Unmanned vehicles will be examined on both day one and day two of the conference by Thales and Dstl (Defence Science and Technology Laboratory).
Mr Tim Munn, Mission System Architect, Defence Mission Systems, from Thales will be speaking on ‘The Challenges of Successfully Integrating Flexible Off-Board Unmanned and Autonomous Vehicle Platforms’ where he will discuss the following:
• Guaranteeing that UAV and sensor platforms provide excellent performance in a difficult environment
• Successfully integrating UAVs into a capability centric system within a highly operable mission system
• The possible approaches and suggested design issues that need to be considered for future UAV and sensor payload development
Dr Phillip Smith, Ship Systems & Integrated Survivability Programme Manager, Platform Systems Division, Dstl will be providing delegates with his presentation on ‘Exploiting Unmanned Vehicles in the Maritime Domain – Data Integration into the Combat Management System’. During this session he will focus on:
• The development of an integrated solution to enable: mission planning; tactical operation and data integration of unmanned vehicles as an integral part of the ship’s combat system
• Enabling of sensors hosted on unmanned vehicles to contribute to the broader maritime, joint and coalition task force situational awareness
• Initial trials as part of Unmanned Warrior 2016
For further information on the presentations and topics that will be explored, visit the event website on www.navalmissionsystems.com/prlog
For sponsorship packages and delegate enquiries, contact Drew Miller on +44 (0) 207 827 6128 or email@example.com
For media enquiries, contact Zoe Gale on +44 20 7827 6138 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Naval Mission Systems Technology
14th – 15th November 2016
Sponsored by: SiRTEL SRL and UMS Skeldar AG
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
Contact tel: +44 (0) 207 827 6128
—- END —-
About SMi Group: Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk Source :