Press Release (ePRNews.com) - ADA, Okla. - Dec 01, 2018 - Ram Jack, the first helical manufacturer to receive an ESR report on helical piles based on AC358, has another product added to their ESR-1854 and it has been updated to the 2018 International Building Code and 2017 Florida Building Code. With a long history of innovation in the foundation solutions industry, Ram Jack is proud of this update.
Ram Jack’s 4.5” diameter upset connection pile has been added, allowing engineers to have peace of mind that this product has been independently tested and is compliant with the International Building Code. Additionally, a new supplement to their report shows compliance with the 2017 Los Angeles Building Code and the 2017 Los Angeles Residential Code.
Ram Jack’s director of engineering, and President of Fortified Engineering Solutions, Darin Willis, P.E. states, “There are several reasons why engineers and building officials demand ESR reports. Here is a list of only a few that allows an engineer to specify a helical pile system with confidence:
- An ESR report includes the load capacity of the product that has been independently verified by an accredited testing laboratory and reviewed by ICC-Evaluation Services.
- The report verifies the product is compliant with the model building code (IBC).
- Conditions of use which highlights aspects of use or compliance of the product with the building code are also reported. Such as whether the system was evaluated as a braced or unbraced system.
- The manufacturer also has to demonstrate that a quality control system is in place that will ensure that their products remain consistent for quality assurance. ICC-ES also requires the manufacturer to have inspections performed semi-annually by an independent accredited audit agency to verify compliance with their ESR and quality control procedures in order for their ESR to remain valid.”
Bolstering impressive ratings, the Ram Jack’s 4.5” diameter Helical Pile tested capability offers:
- Torque – 21,850 ft-lbs
- Compression/Tension Capacity – 120.2 kip (ultimate) and 60.1 kip (allowable)
- Lateral Capacity – 2.98 kips
As Ram Jack continues to drive the foundation solutions industry with innovation, integrity, and quality, it appears there is no sign of them slowing down.
Ram Jack provides quality foundation solutions, from residential to commercial, new construction to remedial repairs. Ram Jack’s in-house engineers and research and development divisions continually strive to advance industry knowledge in foundation solution applications of steel piles. For more than 40 years, Ram Jack has restored stability to many homes and equipped engineers with custom solutions. Ram Jack provides expert solutions for many foundation needs including structure lifts with helical and driven piles, basement waterproofing solutions, seawall stabilization, polyurethane solutions and more. Ram Jack ensures they are equipped to get the job done! Contact Ram Jack to see what services are available in your area. Source :