Press Release (ePRNews.com) - Nov 03, 2016 - SMi Group is thrilled to announce that registration is now open for the 3rd annual, Future Soldier Technology (formally known as SETAF), taking place in London on 13th – 14th March 2017. There is also a £400 early bird booking discount available for those who register before the 30th November 2016.
As the only conference solely dedicated to enhancing soldier modernisation programmes, Future Soldier Technology will cover the greatest challenges and next generation solutions that are enabling infantry to conduct operations in today’s and tomorrow’s battlefields.
Key topics include: lightening the load and analysis of space for components, power and energy, body armour and night vision, communications and common integrated architecture.
With expert led presentations, from some of the world’s leading authorities on future soldier systems including:
· Conference Chairmen: (Ret’d) Rob O’Connor, Former Commanding Officer, Infantry Trials and Development Unit, British Army
Colonel (ret’d) Richard Hansen, Former Programme Manager, Soldier Warrior, PEO Soldier, US Army
· Progress Towards Delivering an Soldier System Integration Unit (SSIU)
Lieutenant Colonel Nick Serle, Commanding Officer, Infantry Trials And Development Unit Lieutenant
· Reinvigorating Squad Level Units for US Marine Corps Dismounted Combat Capabilities
Lieutenant Colonel Jonathan Holder, Senior Infantry Capabilities Integration Officer, United States Marine Corps
Major Jamie Murphy, Marine Expeditionary Rifle Squad, Capabilities Integration Officer, United States Marine Corps
· ISSP: Better Battle Management For Canadian Infantry Combat Teams
Major Daniel Thibodeau, Project Director ISSP, Canadian Forces
· The Latest Updates from the NATO Land Capability Group on Dismounted Soldier Systems
Mark Richter, Program Manager, Marine Expeditionary Rifle Squad (MERS) Marine Corps Systems Command, US Marine Corp
2017 confirmed expert speakers include senior representatives from the: British Army, Canadian Forces, US Army Northern Warfare Training Center, United States Marine Corps, UK MoD, Czech MoD, PEO Soldier, Infantry Trials and Development Unit, Norwegian Defence Materiel Agency, Rheinmetall Electronics, Thales, DSTL, T N O Human Factors Research Institute and many more!
Plus, there will be 2 associated, post-conference workshops led by the 2 conference Chairmen on:
1) How to Do Business with the British Army for Soldier Modernisation. Hosted by Lieutenant Colonel (Ret’d) Rob O’Connor, Former Commanding Officer, Infantry Trials and Development Unit, British Army
2) Black Swans and Soldier Programme Management: A Look inside the US Army Technology and Equipment Acquisitions from Capability Setting To Procurement. Hosted by Colonel (ret’d) Richard Hansen, Former Programme Manager, Soldier Warrior, PEO Soldier, US Army
These are just some of the unmissable program highlights for 2017’s Future Soldier Technology conference.
For further information on this conference or the 2 associated workshops, please visit the website at: https://www.smi-online.co.uk/defence/uk/FUTURE-SOLDIER-TE…
For media enquiries, contact Shannon Cargan on +44 20 7827 6138 or email@example.com
Future Soldier Technology 2017
13th and 14th March 2017
London, United Kingdom
—- END —-
About SMi Group: Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk Source :