Press Release (ePRNews.com) - Gaithersburg, Maryland - May 29, 2017 - GL Communications Inc., announced today its enhanced MEGACO (H.248) Protocol Emulator referred to as MAPS™ MEGACO (H.248) Emulator that simulates Trunking Gateway (TGW) and Residential Gateway (RGW) in hybrid TDM-IP network.
Speaking to the press, Mr. Jagdish Vadalia, a Senior Manager for product development of the company said, “The MEGACO/H.248 is a signaling and call control protocol used between the Media Gateway Controller (MGC) and Media Gateway (MG). The MGC uses MEGACO/H.248 to instruct MG about the events, media, signals to be played on Terminations, to create a Context, and to audit the status of the Terminations involved in the conversion of media from one type of network, to the media required in other type of the network.”
GL’s enhanced MAPS™ MEGACO (H.248) Protocol Emulator supports Trunking Gateway and Residential Gateway simulation using binary based H.248 protocol and text based MEGACO protocol in Digital and Analog networks respectively.
He added, “GL’s MAPS™ MEGACO (H.248) Protocol Emulator supports Trunking Gateway and Residential Gateway simulation using binary based H.248 protocol and text based MEGACO protocol in Digital and Analog networks respectively. The binary encoding is based on Basic Encoding Rules (BER) description of the protocol and text encoding is based on Augmented Backus-Naur Form (ABNF) description.”
Mr. Vadalia further added, “MEGACO/H.248 is a signalling and call control protocol used between the MGC and MG for supporting multimedia stream transmission. Different types of gateways may implement Terminations that have differing characteristics. Variations in Terminations are accommodated in the protocol by allowing Terminations to have optional Properties, Events, Signals and Statistics implemented by MGs. To achieve MG/MGC interoperability, such options are grouped into Packages, and typically a Termination realizes a set of such Packages. The supported MEGACO/H.248 Packages are: Analog Line Supervision Package, RTP Package, Generic Package, DTMF Detection Package, Call Progress Generator Package, Network Package.”
Important Features of MAPS™ for MEGACO/H.248 Emulator
- Simulates MGC and MG
- Fully integrated, complete test environment for 2G, 3G networks
- Test scenarios to simulate TGW in digital network and RGW in Analog network
- Supports 500+ simultaneous bulk call generation with multiple T1/E1 cards in digital network and can also simulate more than 500+ analog lines in Analog network
- Supports end-to-end gateway testing
- Supported MEGACO/H.248 Packages are:
- Analog Line Supervision Package,
- RTP Package
- Generic Package
- DTMF Detection Package
- Call Progress Generator Package
- Network Package, etc.
- Supports protocol specific messages such as Add, Subtract, Notify, Modify, Move, ServiceChange, AuditValue, and AuditCapabilities
- Supports almost all industry standard codec types – G.711 (mu-Law and A-Law), G.722, G.729, G.726, GSM, AMR, EVRC, SMV, iLBC, SPEEX, and more. *AMR and EVRC variants require additional licenses
- High density call capabilities of up to 20,000 with traffic achievable per appliance (5000 calls per port)
- Supports Client-Server functionality requires additional license; clients supported are TCL, Python, VBScript, Java, and .Net
- MEGACO protocol test suite supporting conformance testing
About GL Communications Inc.,
GL Communications Inc, is a global provider of test and measurement solutions and has over the years worked with major telecom equipment vendors, service providers, and system integrators to meet the testing requirements arising at various stages of telecom products development life cycle.
GL offers a broad set of test solutions that help perform all types of testing on networks, from initial system design, to fine-tuning, troubleshooting, live deployment, and monitoring. The products are widely used to verify and ensure ‘quality and reliability’ of Wireless (4G LTE, 3G, 2G), SONET/SDH, IP, TDM, and PSTN networks.
GL core product development is backed by a strong team of R&D experts to match evolving market and technical challenges in a most cost-effective and innovative way.
Contact: Source :
E-mail: info at gl.com
GL Communications Inc