Press Release (ePRNews.com) - Long Beach, CA - Nov 09, 2016 - On Veterans Day, Friday, November 11, 2016, Operation Confidence will host a Tribute To Our Disabled Veterans, aboard the historical Queen Mary, in Long Beach, Ca. from 7:00 to 11 P.M. Red Carpet 6:00-7:00 P.M.
Special GuestÂ Ricardo Reyes, Deputy Secretary, Minority Veterans Affairs is attending to present Governor Brown’s Veteran’s Day Proclamation at the event.
“Our goal is to raise awareness and the funds to provide housing that includes good nutrition, mental health and sober living assistance, self-help programs, independent living , mobility devices and other supportive services to help our veterans reenter and become productive members of mainstream society.”
The event will honor disabled veterans of: World War ll,Â Korean War, Vietnam, Gulf, Iraq and the Afghanistan era and create social awareness about homelessness among â€śdisabled veteransâ€ť in Los Angeles, the urgent need to provide transitional accessible housing and Operation Confidence relentless efforts to do its part to help this forgotten population by raising funds for its Turning Point Housing Building Fund for Homeless Disabled Veterans. Â
The tribute will honor disabled veterans of: World War ll, Korean War, Vietnam, Gulf, Iraq and the Afghanistan era and create social awareness about homelessness among â€śdisabled veteransâ€ť in Los Angeles, the urgent need to provide transitional accessible housing and Operation Confidence relentless efforts to do its part to help this forgotten population by raising funds for its Turning Point Housing Building Fund for Homeless Disabled Veterans.
Honored Military Chair: Matt Davison, USAF VeteranÂ
JROTC: Garfield High SchoolÂ
- Dr. Monte Perez, President Mission College
- Jim Howard, MBA, CPA, Ronald McDonald House CharitiesÂ
- Siva Yam, President USA China Chamber of Commerce.Â
- Judge Herbert Dodell, President of Dodell Law FirmÂ
- Joshua Erwin, USAF Veteran, Erwin EnterprisesÂ â€‹â€‹â€‹
- Robin West, Exec. Director Ampbitious.Â a nonprofit organization thatÂ advocates forÂ amputees veterans. Â
- Valerie Allen, Exec. Dir. Veterans ConnectionÂ
Celebrity Appearance by:
- TRAE IRELAND, PRODUCER, SONY SCREEN GEMS
- Dre Knight: Marine Veteran and award winning music producer, pianist, songwriter, and composer who produced songs for Frank Ocean, Sha Stimuli, Nicki Minaj and LL Cool J.
- Beverley Church Hogan:Â renowned jazz artist who performed throughout the US and Canada and was lead singer for the United States and the Royal Canadian Air Force at Labrador.
- Rev. Alvin McKinney: The Prime Minister of Joyful Jazz who performed with notable greats, such as, B. B. King, Louie Bellson, Billy Preston, Kirk Whalum, just to name a few.
- Dante Vernon Jones:Â national gospel singer with the Gospel Music Workshop of America Inc, Los Angeles Gospel Messengers, Gospel Around LA and Keith & Companyâ€™s featured with â€śSteve Ploklin Bandâ€ť at the Rock the House Concerts benefiting the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California.Â
For ticket information go to :Â www.operationconfidence.orgÂ and PAY AT THE DOOR .
Call for additional information:Â 818.282.4916
â€śOur goal is to raise awareness and the funds to provide housing that includesÂ good nutrition,Â mental health and sober living assistance, self-help programs,Â independent living ,Â mobilityÂ devices and other supportive servicesÂ toÂ help our veterans reenter and become productiveÂ members ofÂ mainstream society,â€ť said Consuella Mackey, Executive Director of Operation Confidence. Â Â
â€śFor this reason and more, is whyÂ Operation Confidence isÂ hosting this important event onÂ November 11, 2016.â€ť
Operation Confidence (OC), a 501 Â© 3 nonprofit organization was founded in 1980 and has assisted over 10,000 + individualsÂ with disabilities with wraparound services for employment and hosted job fairs and community outreach events throughout the city of Los Angeles.
In 2008, while serving on the Los Angeles Rescue Mission, OC volunteer staff members discovered aÂ large population of disabled veterans living in their wheelchairs on the streets of Skid Row, while still wearing portions of their military uniform and displaying pieces left of the American flag. It was at that time the Board of Directors made a commitment to do its part to help. Â
Organizationâ€™s long history of actions on behalf of the community:
Contact Person: Consuella Mackey, Executive Director
Organization: Operation Confidence Source :
818. 368.4407- Office
818. 282.4916- Cell