Press Release (ePRNews.com) - LONDON - Nov 24, 2016 - The Hauts-de-France region launches campaign to attract British investors and business leaders
In Hauts-de-France, job creation is a priority, and the region’s many assets are a powerful draw for business.
This explains the new ‘Welcome Home’ campaign to attract and assist British investors and business leaders who want to set up shop in Hauts-de-France. Behind the initiative are the Hauts-de-France Regional Council and its partners—Nord France Invest, CCI International, CRT Picardie Tourism, Nord France Convention Bureau and Lille’s Agency.
‘The British people said “no” to Brussels—but not to Hauts-de-France. We’re working together to create a win-win strategy that will boost trade, tourism and economic development. To British investors and business leaders, I say, “you’ve got a home with us.’
Xavier Bertrand, Hauts-de-France Regional Council Chairman
Closest to the UK
The Welcome Home campaign underscores the region’s commitment to continue working with British partners after Brexit, showcasing Hauts-de-France as the region closest to the UK—a perfect location for businesses that want access to the European market. And geography is only the beginning: like the UK, Hauts-de-France makes creating a pro-business environment a priority. The campaign highlights the region’s outstanding economy, infrastructure and quality of life. It also confirms that key players in the region are actively committed to crafting tailored solutions for their foreign partners and welcoming British investors and businesses that want to stay present in European markets.
Hauts-de-France launches Welcome Home campaign on 4th November
• Video: released on the Welcome Home website www.welcom-eu.com and via social media, the new video promotes Hauts-de-France as a place where British and other foreign entrepreneurs can grow their businesses while enjoying excellent quality of life. In the video, British businessman James Anderson presents the advantages of living in Hauts-de-France in a series of short vignettes that highlight the region’s many assets: R&D and innovation clusters, easy access, simple procedures for setting up a business, a competitive workforce, excellent quality of life and great food.
• New website: a dedicated website at www.welcom-eu.com will allow British business to make direct contact with regional partners who can help them set up shop in Hauts-de-France. The site will also include ‘how-to’ tips on getting started, organised by type of project: investment,business tourism, international partnerships and European programmes.
A campaign featuring posters on the London underground system, banner ads on the websites of major British media outlets and information in brochures, on social media and other targeted vehicles will run in London from 4th November through 30th January. The aim: to make British investors aware of the advantages of doing business in Hauts-de-France and the support offered by the Regional Council and its partners.
• 4th November – 2nd December: place mats will appear in restaurants in The City, London’s financial centre.
• 7th November – 5th December: banner ads will run on the websites of targeted British media outlets (Independent.co.uk, Economist.com, Businesstraveller.com, Theguardian.com), redirecting users to a dedicated website.
• 21st November – 4th December: a poster campaign will run on the London underground
• 1st December: information on doing business in Hauts-de-France will appear in Metropolitan, Eurostar’s passenger magazine, and Business Life, the in-flight magazine for British Airways.
• Social media channels will also provide practical tips for British investors and business leaders.
The Welcome Home campaign grew out of a commitment made by the Regional Council last summer, when Hauts-de-France representatives met with British visitors in Calais to lay the groundwork for incoming UK-based businesses. The Regional Council has been closely involved at every stage—first producing the video, then creating a toll-free number staffed by English-speaking representatives to coincide with initial contacts, and finally using European aid and support from regional institutions to streamline formalities required for new ventures.
Shared commitment to enhance the appeal of Hauts-de-France
The region offers incoming businesses a wide range of advantages:
• The right location with the right infrastructure: located near Paris in the heart of Northern Europe, Hauts-de-France is within 180 miles of five European capitals. Its robust transport infrastructure includes motorways, railway stations, high-speed trains, international airports and seaports
• Favourable business environment: Hauts-de-France does not tax business premises
• R&D clusters to serve the business community: key focus areas include e-commerce, mechanical engineering, agricultural resources and composites
• A pool of 78 million consumers
• Tailored assistance: Hauts-de-France and its partners offer support services designed specifically for each project. These include helping businesses secure financing, create networks, find the right premises and work with the region’s employment and training specialists
• Well preserved quality of life: attractions include the prestigious Louvre-Lens museum, Pierre Mauroy stadium, the stunning Somme Bay nature preserve and a number of regional parks
• Residents with a strong sense of hospitality and community
The Regional Council and its partners—Nord France Invest, CCI International, Lille’s Agency, CRT Picardie and the Nord France Convention Bureau—want to make British investors and business leaders aware of the region’s many strengths and to help them launch successful ventures in Hauts-de-France.
Peggy Collette: email@example.com – +33 3 28 82 53 03 / +33 6 75 93 38 28
Wilma Rughooputh: firstname.lastname@example.org – +33 3 28 82 53 18 / +33 6 18 78 12 12
Sébastien Voisin: email@example.com – +33 3 28 82 53 24 / +33 6 27 51 11 59
For further information on this press release, contact:
Catherine Ryall, Business France UK Press Office Source :
Nord France Invest