Press Release (ePRNews.com) - ESPOO, Finland - Apr 21, 2016 - Game studio Majasalmi Ltd today announced Heavy Rockets, a new arcade shooter for iPhone and iPad. Heavy Rockets brings classic cave shooter gameplay to iOS, with stylish low-polygon graphics and frantic single and multi-player action.
“Our new game is a like a spaceship from the future,” says Majasalmi CEO Jukka Forstén, “with super-flat design and beautiful explosions. But it’s a blast from the past too, which fans of classics like Thrust and Gravity Force are going to love. In other words, we’ve broken the boundaries of the space-time continuum here.” Heavy Rockets exists chiefly in the present time.
In the game, players blast and race their way through 17 treacherous subterranean worlds. And with a huge payload of content, its Rockets are Heavy for a reason:
• RACE MODE: Who will survive a high-speed chase through an underground course, and be the fastest among friends? Race mode is the way to find that out.
• BATTLE MODE: An underground dogfight in which the last pilot flying is the winner.
• REAL ARCADE FEEL: The weighty, responsive controls of an arcade cabinet, reproduced on iOS devices and tested with real players.
• MULTIPLAYER: Battle and race with friends in real-time on the same Wi-Fi network. Share and race against friends’ ghost laps any time.
• SCORE CHALLENGE: Compete with friends for score supremacy through Game Center and Facebook.
Majasalmi plans to add more new content to the game in future, including real-time online multiplayer. Apple TV and Mac OS X versions are also in the pipeline. Heavy Rockets [$1.99] will be available on the Apple App Store from April 21, 2016.
“We believe so strongly in the fun and visual splendour of Heavy Rockets, we’re releasing it into a pool of thousands of other, better-funded games,” says Mika Levo. “And we actually expect it to swim – not just because we’re deluded by love for our own creation, but because Heavy Rockets offers a challenge and atmosphere not found anywhere else on iOS.”
If you’d like to know more about Heavy Rockets…
• You can find more screens, videos and info at http://www.heavyrockets.com/ Source :
• And the launch trailer at https://youtu.be/wBVeeU5P8Xs