Press Release (ePRNews.com) - WIMBLEDON, England - Mar 31, 2016 - Engineering Safety Consultants (ESC) Ltd is running a series of complementary UK seminars on IEC61508 and IEC61511 compliance.
The seminars, taking place in Stallingborough (15th April 2016) and Warrington (16th June 2016), will provide a practical review of compliance and associated challenges affecting end-users, system integrators and system designers. They will include discussion on proposed upcoming changes to IEC 61511 and the new HSE regulatory guidance (i.e. delivery guides) covering, amongst other things, functional safety. For more information or full details on how to book a place please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further details are shown below.
IEC61508 and IEC61511 compliance seminar
ENGINEERING SAFETY CONSULTANTS PRESENTS
IEC61508 & IEC61511 compliance – how does it affect you?
15th April 2016
HCF CATCH, Stallingborough
16th June 2016
The Centre, Warrington
• Professor Ron Bell OBE BSc(Hons.) CEng FIET
• EUR ING David Green BEng(hons) CEng MIET MInstMC
• EUR ING Paulo Oliveira BEng(hons) MSc (ENG) CEng MIET MIAM MSaRS FSEng
The seminar will provide a practical review of compliance and associated challenges affecting end-users, system Integrators and system designers including discussion on proposed upcoming changes to IEC 61511 and the new HSE regulatory guidance (i.e. delivery guides) covering, amongst other things, functional safety. The presentation will also cover HSE’s approach to legal compliance and will encourage interactive discussion on the subjects covered.
The seminar will cover
• Key changes in IEC 61511 and the current status of the proposed Edition 2
• HSE delivery guides and their approach to legal enforcement
• Proof Testing… A key performance indicator for designers and end-users of Safety Instrumented Systems. This session will include the concepts of proof testing (including imperfect testing), practical considerations and development of Proof Testing Procedures
• Emerging Energy Institute guidance on SIL Determination
• IEC 6108 and IEC 61511 used as a basis for Asset Protection
Lunch and refreshments will be provided during the presentations. For more information please go to http://www.esc.uk.net.
Engineering Safety Consultants