Press Release (ePRNews.com) - NEW YORK - Jul 30, 2020 - Our health care workers are experiencing an unprecedented level of trauma and moral injury. How does one risk their own life and that of their families, to help save the life of another? How does one decide or participate in the decision of who gets a ventilator and who doesn’t? How do they manage to help family members who cannot visit dying loved ones, via phone calls, so they might hear their loved ones last words? How do they witness death on a scale they have never known? The Institute for Healing of Memories – North America is committed to helping health care workers heal and navigate now, and post-COVID19.
We are pleased to announce our new program for health care workers. HOM ZOOM Support Calls for Healthcare Workers will provide a safe, supportive, nonjudgmental, confidential space to share feelings, stories, and experiences, and to begin to heal past painful experiences, trauma and moral injury. Each Gathering is 90 minutes and will be held in groups of 6 to 8 people.
HOM Zoom Support Calls are for health care workers who have experienced the personal, professional, and emotional tsunami named COVID19 and need a safe, confidential environment in which to begin to heal the moral, personal and professional wounds it brought into their life.
If a health care worker can relate to any of these scenarios, then these Calls may help:
• Feeling fear, sadness, shame, guilt, anger, remorse, grief, frustration, and/or a deep moral/ethical dilemma over what they had been unable to do, or what they personally witnessed.
• Making decisions and taking actions that were morally challenging
• Witnessing people dying alone and not being able to help, or having to be a surrogate holding space for people to die without loved ones
• Making decisions or being unable to make decisions on behalf of patients
• Losing patients, friends, colleagues, and loved ones
• Living in fear of being infected or infecting loved ones
• Feeling betrayed by the system that was designed to protect you
• Feeling hurt by the actions of the community in not taking the needs of health care workers into consideration
This program will start the week of August 17, 2020, and health care workers can register to attend by clicking HERE.
For more information visit our website at www.healingmemoriesna.org
For inquiries, please contact:
Institute for Healing of Memories – North America
Institute for Healing of Memories - North America