Press Release (ePRNews.com) - FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Apr 19, 2017 - This year’s Heal the Planet – Earth Day celebration is a family-friendly, information packed and entertainment filled day where attendees will learn about the power of small actions to have a huge impact on the health of the planet while enjoying music, crafts, clean food, yoga and more. Heal the Planet Day is a LITTER & MOOP (Matter Out of Place) FREE event with a focus on trashformation, reusing, upcycling, and sustainability. Patrons are guaranteed to walk away with an increased awareness of the planet’s eco-system and how their daily actions and consumer choices affect its delicate balance. The event is FREE to the public.
Attendees can look forward to The Farmer and The Chef Vegan Cooking Competition in which chefs team up with local farms to showcase locally grown, plant-based ingredients in delicious and healthy dishes. There is a friendly rivalry between the teams from Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties.
The event opens with Michelle Alva guiding us on a heart opening and nature connecting sound meditation. Drum Cafe returns for the second year and leads the group in an interactive drumming experience that lights up the crowd and powerfully unites the attendees. Bring the kids to our world class TrashFormation workshop, a collaborative Transformation Art project led by Natural Awakenings’ Publisher, Susie Q. Energy efficiency are the words of the day in the You Fit Movement Zone with their mobile, bike-powered charging stations. Presentations on various topics of sustainability are scheduled throughout the day and the event is crowned with a live performance by local band Blue Sky Drive.
Heal The Planet Executive Director, Rachel Shapiro says, “If you are fun-loving and eager to learn how minor life changes can yield a healthy sustainable planet in an exciting entertaining environment, bring the family, your blankets and lawn chairs to Esplanade Park for Earth Day 2017!”
SouthFlo Events founder, Deana Patrick is excited to host the VIP lounge which features original tasty vegan bites, craft beers from Funky Buddha, and organic wines. “Our VIP patrons are invited to judge the chef competition as part of their VIP experience,” says Patrick.
VIP tickets are only $25 and the proceeds go toward sustaining programs for the foundation.
Tickets are available at http://healtheplanet.com/2017/02/02/april-22nd-2017-heal-…
* Who: Festival organizers, Heal The Planet and SouthFlo Events invite you to Heal The Planet Starting TODAY
* What: The 2nd Annual Heal the Planet Day Celebration. Offerings include Kid’s Fun Zone, Mini yoga, pilates and dance classes, conscious living workshops, plant based food demonstrations and local farmers talking about the proper way to grow your own food and how buying seasonally leads to a healthier lifestyle
* When: Saturday, April 22, 2016 | 11:00am – 5:00pm
* Where: Esplanade Park, 400 SE 2nd Street, Fort Lauderdale. FL. 33312
* Why: To celebrate local solutions to global challenges and to inspire young and old to make changes that ultimately lead to a healthier, safer, and sustainable planet. More information is available at http://healtheplanet.com/2017/02/02/april-22nd-2017-heal-planet-day/
Arrive early, stay the day, see festival schedule below:
11:00am – Opening address by Rachel Shapiro of Heal the Planet Together, Inc. 11:20am – Michelle Alva – Conscious Connections Sound Healing
12:00pm – Drum Cafe Interactive Drum Circle
12:00 – 2:00PM – Vegan Chef/Farmer Competition & Tasting – Arrive early to insure your spot as a judge!
1:00pm – Ken Fisher – Founder of Heal the Planet Together, Inc.
1:15pm – Karen Ellis-Ritter – Co-Founder and President of Compassionate Farming Education Initiative
1:40pm – Tim Canova – Chair of Progress For All
2:00pm – Solar Energy Talk- – Adam Coughlin from Bison Roofing & Solar 2:30pm – Chef Competition Awards Ceremony and Acknowledgments
4:00pm – Blue Sky Drive Live Band
ALL DAY ACTIVITIES
* Mini-classes in yoga, tai chi, fitness, and movement
* Kids Zone including storytelling, a scavenger hunt, free face painting, trashformation art project, and seedling planting.
* Farming Resource Zone – learn about easy and efficient ways to grow your own food.
* Conscious Vendor Village – crafts, clothing, healthy beverages, and more!
* Join children’s author/illustrator, artist, writer and poet Sara Ajna as she shares her passion for living a healthy life during a private reading of excerpts from her upcoming book titled “You Are The You-niverse”.
#HealThePlanetDay #HTPDay #HealThePlanet #SouthFloEvents #FunkyBuddhaHTPDay #KindHTPDay #GoRiverwalkHTPDay #LegacyBankHTPDay #HealthyPlacesHTPDay
SouthFlo Events – is a collective of liked-minded individuals who strive to bring cultural and inspirational events to the South Florida Community through the fusion of music, culture and art with philanthropy. At SouthFlo Events they endeavor to stimulate your senses with the best in art and music, while keeping the environment top of mind to the eco-conscious consumer. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/southfloevents
Heal the Planet – (HTP) is a 501-(c)3 non-profit whose mission is to educate and inspire the next generation of children and adults about the power of their daily choices and the huge impact these choices have on the well-being and sustainability of the planet. (HTP) is committed to real and lasting healing forthe planet through education, action, and inspiration. The community aims to inspire, empower, and support individuals and organizations working to heal the planet by providing resources and leadership. To learn how you can make a difference, please visit www.healtheplanet.com Source :
Heal The Planet