Press Release (ePRNews.com) - ARLINGTON, Va. - Oct 19, 2020 - To help strengthen and adapt the manufacturing community during these uncertain times, the MAPI Foundation has assembled an Advisory Board to work closely with the organization to equip stakeholders with insights on competitiveness, digital transformation, talent, technology, and other pressing issues. The MAPI Foundation is the 501(c)(3) sister organization to the nonprofit member organization Manufacturers Alliance for Productivity and Innovation (MAPI).
The advisors will guide the MAPI Foundation on its research, events, and educational materials to help manufacturing leaders make smarter business decisions.
“As the manufacturing industry recovers from the hardship of the pandemic and economic downturn, the MAPI Foundation Advisory Board will provide expertise to help us share insights critical to driving manufacturers’ growth and adaption in this challenging environment,” said Stephen Gold, President of the MAPI Foundation, and President and CEO of MAPI. “Manufacturing is a backbone to American innovation, and the total value stream of manufacturing makes up almost one-third of U.S. GPD. We must continue to grow this vital sector.”
The MAPI Foundation Advisory Board includes:
- Dr. Gary Bertoline, Dean, Purdue Polytechnic Institute and Distinguished Professor of Computer Graphics Technology and Computer & Information Technology, Purdue University
- Dr. Bertoline co-founded the Purdue Polytechnic Institute as well as the Indiana Next Generation Manufacturing Competitiveness Center. Prior to his current role, he was the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs in the College of Technology. He is the author of numerous papers and publications on engineering, computer graphics, computer-aided design, and visualization research.
- Dr. Sujeet Chand Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Rockwell Automation
- Dr. Chand leads Rockwell Automation’s global technical innovation and helps customers drive greater productivity and sustainability. Before joining Rockwell Automation, he led R&D at Rockwell Scientific Company and served as the Chief Operating Officer of a software startup. He is a member of the Board of Directors of Proto Labs (PRLB), and also serves on the National Institute for Standards and Technology, National Electrical Manufacturers Association, FIRST Robotics Wisconsin Technology Council, University of Wisconsin Research Foundation, and the Robert W. Baird Venture Partners advisory boards. He also served as the lead U.S. delegate to Intelligent Manufacturing Systems, a worldwide consortium on manufacturing technology.
- Melissa Lederer, Chief Experience Officer, mHUB
- Ms. Lederer leads mHUB’s design solutions that drive engagement, collaboration, and success for startups and mHUB’s corporate partners. She is focused on scaling high-growth startups into new markets. Before she joined mHUB, she served in a variety of senior roles for technology companies from startups to large corporations and was a founding member of 1871, Chicago’s innovation hub recognized as the #1 university-affiliated incubator in the world. She has been recognized twice as a Crain’s Chicago Business “Notable Women in Manufacturing.”
- David Petrucci, Global Business Strategy Leader, Manufacturing Industry, Microsoft
- Mr. Petrucci is responsible for Microsoft’s strategy and solutions for manufacturers across their digital transformation journeys. He supports manufacturing growth, agile innovation, and operational excellence from both the business and technical aspects of manufacturing. Before joining Microsoft, Mr. Petrucci served in leadership roles with Oliver Wyman, Genpact, IBM, and Honda, among other organizations.
- Paul Wellener, Vice Chairman, U.S. Industrial Products and Construction Leader, Deloitte LLP
- Mr. Wellener leads Deloitte’s practice in the industrial and construction industries to drive major transformations. He helps companies adapt to an environment of rapid change and uncertainty, such as globalization, exponential technologies, the skills gap, and the ongoing Industry 4.0 evolution. Prior to his current role, he had three decades of experience in industrial products and the automotive sector. He also serves as Deloitte’s managing principal of Northeast Ohio.
About the MAPI Foundation
The MAPI Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit subsidiary research organization of the Manufacturers Alliance for Productivity and Innovation (MAPI). The Foundation researches the economic impact of manufacturing, including the implications of government policies and the success drivers that keep the industry competitive. Its mission is to showcase manufacturing’s impact on the global economy to help business leaders, policymakers, and the general public understand manufacturing’s impact on everyday life. mapifoundation.org.
Founded in 1933, the Manufacturers Alliance for Productivity and Innovation (MAPI) is a nonprofit organization that connects manufacturing leaders with the ideas they need to make smarter decisions. As the manufacturing leadership network, its mission is powering leaders within manufacturing to drive the growth, profitability, and stature of global manufacturers. For more information, visit manufacturersalliance.org.