Press Release (ePRNews.com) - MONTCLAIR, N.J. - Feb 23, 2018 - Enjoy a night out at the Montclair Art Museum (MAM) with free general admission, live music, art activities and tours, dynamic seasonal programming, and a full-service bar at Free First Thursday Night, March 1, 5–9 p.m.! Free First Thursday Nights are made possible by TD Bank.
In March, MAM is pleased to partner on a Slide Night with the Visual Arts Center of NJ to celebrate Women’s History Month. Distinguished curators from across the state have been invited to select a female living artist to spotlight. The curators will introduce the artists, who will each present a selection of their works. Participating curators include Anonda Bell, Director & Chief Curator of Paul Robeson Galleries; Jeanne Brasile, Director of the Wash Gallery at Seton Hall University; Kristen Evangelista, Director of William Paterson University Galleries; Henone Girma, Independent Curator; Donna Gustafson, Curator of American Art and Mellon Director for Academic Programs at Jane Voorhees Zimmerli Art Museum; Margaret O’Reilly, Executive Director, New Jersey State Museum; and Midori Yoshimoto, Gallery Director & Professor of Art History at New Jersey City University. Featured artists will be So Yoon Lym (http://www.soyoonlym.com/), Heejung Kim (https://heejungkim.weebly.com/), Marion Wilson (http://marionwilson.com/), Eileen Ferara (http://www.eileenferara.com/), Marsha Goldberg (https://www.marshagoldberg.com/), Dahlia Elsayed (http://www.dahliaelsayed.com/), and Nancy Cohen (http://www.nancymcohen.com/). The program is organized by Mary Birmingham, Curator at the Visual Arts Center of NJ, and Sarah Walko, Director of Education & Community Engagement at the Visual Arts Center of NJ, and will begin at 7 p.m.
Free First Thursday Night also presents a variety of art forms and invites visitors to get creative themselves!
· kehaa Get ready for St. Patrick’s Day with live Irish music in the galleries, featuring Chroma, the musical trio L.E. McCullough, Amy Beshara, and Max Carmichael
· Take a tour of the special traveling exhibition Kay WalkingStick: An American Artist at 6:30 and 7:30 p.m.
· Join the Yard School of Art for a Draw Along Workshop offering a free drawing session with a clothed model and guided art instruction for all ages.
· Meet community partners including Clean Water Action, Start Out Fresh Intervention Advocates (S.O.F.I.A.), and the League of Women Voters.
· New! Teen Space welcomes teens with a free open studio, 7–9 p.m.
· New! Capture the fun with an official MAM photo to share on social media.
The Free First Thursday Night bar offers a variety of drinks, including NJ Beer Co. beer, the exclusive beer of Free First Thursday Night. Museum members receive a discount on drinks at the bar. Guests can also grab a bite from featured food vendors including Empanada Guy and Thai Elephant food trucks.
Free First Thursday Nights take place the first Thursday of the month (October–June) from 5 to 9 p.m. Highlights in the spring season include a live interactive event with Bring it to the Table, Admission Nation flamenco demonstration in May, and the Pictures Concert, a collaboration with NJ Arts Collective, in June. Source :
Montclair Art Museum