Press Release (ePRNews.com) - Charlotte, NC - Jan 30, 2018 - NorComp is an industry leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing of I/O interconnect products worldwide. NorComp offers a wide range of premium, high-reliability connectors designed for various commercial applications for harsh environments.
D-Sub Connector Manufacturer
D-sub connectors offer a tried and true interconnect solution for rugged applications where shielding and mechanical latching are required. They also offer the ability to carry power alongside signal in a single connector. Here are some of the different types of d-sub connectors that NorComp offers, and the key differences between each model and series.
● Micro-D Connector: This small d-sub connector is less than 1/3 the size of standard d-sub connectors, and is designed for commercial applications where space is a concern, but a quality and durable I/O connector is required.
● Mixed Contact D-Sub (Power-D / Combo-D): These d-sub connectors are designed for applications where high power and signal are required from a single connection. These mixed contact connectors are built for optimal performance and high reliability for challenging design applications.
● Dual Port D-Sub: Dual port d-sub connectors, or stacked d-subs, are designed in different pin sizes, including 9 pin, 15 pin, 25 pin, and 37 pin. These different dual port d-sub connectors are best for maximizing board space. They are also designed with a steel, nickel plating shell for maximum retention and grounding. The dual port d-sub connectors by NorComp are available in the 178 series, 179 series and 189 series.
● Waterproof D-Sub (IP66/IP67 D-Subs): Waterproof d-sub connectors are best for harsh weather elements as well as underwater environments. These d-sub connectors are sealed internally, utilizing the SEAL-D® innovative sealing process, to protect machines and equipment.
● D-Sub Backshells: NorComp’s D-Sub Backshells are designed to maximize optimal protection and performance. The d-sub backshell product offers various options that improve connection reliability and stability while also preventing damage to wires and other components.
● D-Sub Hardware: In addition to manufacturing a wide range of d-sub connectors, NorComp also offers a comprehensive d-sub hardware catalog, which includes slide locks, screw locks, dust covers, flanges, thumb screws, grommets and other miscellaneous parts.
NorComp was originally founded in 1982 and operated under Tex-Techs International, Inc. In 1985, the company was acquired by Norwesco. Then, Norwesco became NorComp in 1992. In 1997, NorComp was acquired by the EDAC Group of Companies and is currently located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
NorComp has been an innovative, worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of reliable I/O connectors for over 3 decades. NorComp offers a wide range of premium, reliable, and durable connectors designed for demanding, harsh environments in industrial, medical, military and computer markets.
For questions regarding products, models or other inquiries, contact the customer service team by calling 1-800-849-4450, or complete the web contact form online. Source :