Press Release (ePRNews.com) - CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Jan 16, 2018 - NorComp is an industry leader in the design, manufacturing, and marketing of I/O interconnect products worldwide. NorComp offers a wide range of premium, high-reliability connectors designed for various commercial applications for harsh environments.
What is a D-Sub?
A D-sub port is also known as a VGA port, which is often used for monitors or for ensuring a reliable and stable connection with other equipment or to obtain a stable signal.
Here are some of the different types of D-sub connectors that NorComp offers, and the key differences between each model and series.
● Micro-D Sub Connector: This small D-sub connector is less than 1/3 the size of standard D-sub connectors, and is designed for commercial applications where space is a concern, but a quality and durable I/O connector is required.
● Mixed Contact D-Sub (Power-D / Comdo-D): These D-sub connectors are best for rough situations where a power and signal are required from a single connection. These mixed contact connectors are built for optimal performance and high reliability for challenging design applications.
● Dual Port D-Sub Connectors: Dual Port D-Sub connectors are designed in different pin sizes, including 9 pin, 15 pin, 25 pin, and 37 pin. These different Dual Port D-Sub connectors are best for maximizing board space. They are also designed with a steel, nickel plating shell for maximum retention and grounding. The Dual Port D-Sub connectors by NorComp are available in the 178 series and the 179 series.
● Waterproof D-Subs (IP66/IP67 D-Subs): Waterproof D-sub connectors are best for harsh weather elements as well as underwater environments. These D-sub connectors are sealed internally to protect machines and equipment.
● D-Sub Hardware: In addition to manufacturing and offering a wide range of D-sub connectors, NorComp also offers D-sub hardware, which includes slide locks, screw locks, dust covers, flanges, thumb screws, grommets and other miscellaneous parts.
● D-Sub Backshells: NorComp’s D-Sub Backshells are designed to maximize optimal protection and performance. The D-sub Backshell product offers various options that improve connection reliability and stability while also preventing damage to wires and other components.
NorComp was originally founded in 1982 and operated under Tex-Techs International, Inc. In 1985, the company was acquired by Norwesco. Then, Norwesco became NorComp in 1992. In 1997, NorComp was acquired by the EDAC Group of Companies and is currently located in Charlotte, North Carolina where the company still resides to this day.
NorComp has been an innovative, worldwide leader in the design and manufacturing of reliable I/O connectors for years. NorComp offers a wide range of premium, reliable, and durable connectors designed with high-quality nickel for demanding, harsh environments in industrial, medical, military and computer markets.
To learn more about NorComp or to browse its line of I/O connector products, view the NorComp product catalog at https://www.norcomp.net/products.
For questions regarding products, models or other inquiries, contact the customer service team by calling 1-800-849-4450, complete the web contact form or contact us here. Source :