Press Release (ePRNews.com) - Atlanta, GA - Sep 26, 2016 - OneCare’s groundbreaking new system for medical case management is being rolled out to thousands of chronically ill patients by MagnaCare, a Brighton Health Group company with more than 500,000 covered lives in the Northeast.
OneCare, based in metro Atlanta, combines cutting-edge technology with social media, behavioral change methods and family-based communication strategies to revolutionize case management for the chronically ill. The cloud-based, HIPAA-compliant OneCare system:
OneCare developed a healthcare system for families to use to manage their “patient” in the home setting and partner with clinical professionals to help the patient be adherent with the care plans prescribed by their doctors. OneCare has an adherence management platform that runs care management programs. With OneCare the patient, family and clinical caregivers connect, collaborate and manage care together.
· Provides timely, accurate, actionable information on chronically ill members.
· Utilizes social media and mobile apps to involve family members in case management.
· Creates positive reinforcements for behavior change by setting up cloud-based reporting solutions with wireless devices such as blood pressure cuffs, blood glucose monitors, etc.
· Automatically delivers reminders to patients to take readings and medications.
· Automatically monitors compliance with reminders and sends alerts to the patient’s care team, including family members, when tasks are missed or readings are abnormal.
“We want the best result for the member whose health is at risk with a chronic illness,” said Gary Austin, founder and CEO of OneCare. “Greater compliance means lower health risk and financial risk, lowering the costs to the health plan and creating a healthier member.”
MagnaCare, a New York-based health plan services company, chose OneCare’s Platform to power its EvaluaideSM program for chronically ill patients. Melissa Sirola, director of EvaluaideSM, said, “By involving family members and friends in this care team notification process, members benefit from timely behavior changes that positively impact their healthcare.”
While the patient is the primary beneficiary, the OneCare system also benefits case management companies, third-party administrators, reinsurance underwriters, employer health plans, benefit consultants, healthcare providers and family caregivers. Michael Remeika, president of Creative Risk Underwriters, LLC, said, “Poor patient adherence with a treatment plan leads to acute issues that are costly, both to the plan and to the patient’s well being. The OneCare Platform addresses the issue of adherence, which reduces the frequency and high cost of acute episodes and improves the patient’s health outcomes.” 60% of all healthcare costs come from preventable causes like poor patient adherence. Healthcare needs OneCare
For more information, contact:
Gary Austin, CEO Source :