Press Release (ePRNews.com) - GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Colo. - Jul 05, 2017 - With its world-renowned hot springs, mountain-top theme park, and two rivers famous for rafting and fishing, Glenwood Springs is no stranger to the spotlight. A long list of accolades touts the town’s restaurants, attractions, and cultural experiences, but this will be the first time Glenwood Springs will be the focus of a multiweek television series.
The series, called Street Level, is produced by Colorado Public Television 12. Originally, the show centered on Denver neighborhoods, showcasing individual city streets with a focus on the arts, humanities, and food and drink. Its mission is to celebrate the communities we live in, at the “Street Level.” Now in its fifth season, Street Level has packed its bags and headed to Glenwood Springs.
“The series showcases Glenwood Springs to one of our largest and most important audiences — the people who live and travel within the state of Colorado.”
Back in March, Lisa Langer, VP of Tourism Marketing for the Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association, started working with Paula Roth of Colorado Public Television in Denver. Roth and executive producer Heater Dalton initially considered targeting the entire Roaring Fork Valley for the series, but after extensive conversations with Langer, decided there was plenty of material for a weekly series on Glenwood Springs alone.
With the support of the city’s Tourism Promotion Board, business owners, the Glenwood Springs Historical Society and Frontier Museum, and local producer Chris Tribble of Versatile Productions, the Street Level crew unpacked their bags and filming began. “Making this happen was a huge team effort,” Langer said. “The series, hosted by Elizabeth Drolet and Juliana ‘Traveling Jules’ Broste, showcases Glenwood Springs to one of our largest and most important audiences — the people who live and travel within the state of Colorado.”
On July 11, Colorado Public Television 12 will air the first in a five-part series about Glenwood Springs. To catch the series, tune in every Tuesday evening at 7 p.m. through August 8. Each episode of Street Level will highlight a different aspect of the Colorado resort town.
- Episode 1, July 11 – “Glenwood Springs, CO: A Town for All Seasons” focuses on the history of Glenwood Hot Springs and Yampah Vapor Caves, interviews local brothers, and highlights the popular Glenwood Vaudeville Revue. Preview at https://vimeo.com/224352019.
- Episode 2, July 18 – “Glenwood Springs, CO: Destination Relaxation” features John Henry “Doc” Holliday’s final days, the gastronomic wonders of Colorado Ranch House, and the rejuvenating aspects of three world class spas. Preview at https://vimeo.com/224354682.
- Episode 3, July 25 – “Glenwood Springs, CO: Thrill Rides and Award-Winning Brews” takes adventure to new heights at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, hits the tracks at the Glenwood Springs Railroad Museum, and tops off the segment with taste sensations at Glenwood Canyon Brewing Company. Preview at https://vimeo.com/224355492.
- Episode 4, August 1 – “Glenwood Springs, CO: The Seedy Side of Town” explores the community’s roots with a walk back in time to “Defiance,” followed by history and relaxation at Iron Mountain Hot Springs. Preview at https://vimeo.com/224356041.
- Episode 5, August 8 – “Glenwood Springs, CO: History of a Resort Town” celebrates the 50th anniversary of Sunlight Mountain Resort, the evolution of the community, and tickling the ivories at Riviera Supper Club and Piano Bar. Preview at https://vimeo.com/224356673.
Thanks to its iconic attractions, history, many amenities, and ample lodging, Glenwood Springs continues to enjoy the limelight as a destination for visitors from Colorado and around the world.
About Glenwood Springs
For more information and to book reservations please visit visitglenwood.com. Glenwood Springs is located between Aspen and Vail, Colorado, 160 miles (257 kilometers) west of Denver or 90 miles (145 kilometers) east of Grand Junction on Interstate 70 off exit 116. An online Media Room is available at visitglenwood.com/media. B-roll video footage is available upon request.
Media Contacts: Source :
Lisa Langer, Vice President of Tourism Marketing
Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association
Resort Trends, Inc. – tourism communications