Press Release (ePRNews.com) - SOUTHBURY, Conn. - Oct 18, 2018 - Due to overwhelming demand, PhysicianOne Urgent Care is continuing to offer no-cost* flu shots during EXPRESS Flu Clinics throughout the state. The schedule for the upcoming clinics is noted below. The schedule can also be found online here.
- Saturday, October 20 at the Groton center from 9:00 a.m. — 12:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 20 at the Norwich center from 1:00 p.m. — 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 21 at the Norwalk center from 9:00 a.m. — 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 22 at the Derby center from 3:00 p.m. — 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 23 at the Ridgefield center from 3:00 p.m. — 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 27 at the Southbury center from 9:00 a.m. — 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 28 at the Brookfield center from 9:00 a.m. — 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 29 at the Glastonbury center from 3:00 p.m. — 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 30 at the Hamden center from 3:00 p.m. — 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 3 at the Glastonbury center from 9:00 a.m. — 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 4 at the Southbury center from 9:00 a.m. — 4:00 p.m.
During the EXPRESS Flu Clinics and throughout October, PhysicianOne Urgent Care is offering no-cost* flu shots at all centers in Connecticut for privately insured or self-pay patients over the age of 5.
“We witnessed last year’s severe flu season effect far more people than in recent years, so this year we want to help make it easier for people to receive their flu vaccine,” says Dr. Jeannie Kenkare, Chief Medical Officer and Co-founder of PhysicianOne Urgent Care. “We understand that people are busy and having to schedule an appointment for a flu vaccine might otherwise deter patients from getting one. So, we are thrilled that the PhysicianOne Urgent Care flu clinics have been successful in helping get as many people as possible vaccinated in the community, and are eager now to offer even more opportunities for patients to receive their vaccine.”
We witnessed last year’s severe flu season effect far more people than in recent years, so this year we want to help make it easier for people to receive their flu vaccine.
PhysicianOne Urgent Care flu clinics will offer patients “express” check-in, minimal waiting time and the ability to be in and out in minutes.
Please note, Medicaid (including Husky and CT, NY, and MA state) patients under 19 years of age cannot receive a flu vaccination at PhysicianOne Urgent Care. Please call 1.855.349.2828 with any specific questions. In Connecticut, PhysicianOne Urgent Care will only administer the flu vaccine to privately insured patients five (5) years of age and older, due to laws related to the Connecticut Vaccine Program.
*Please visit www.p1uc.com for details.
About PhysicianOne Urgent Care
PhysicianOne Urgent Care provides quality, easily-accessible, walk-in medical care for non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries. All 17 locations throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New York are open 365 days per year; 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., weekdays, and 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., weekends and holidays. Experienced providers are on-site at all times. X-ray and lab services are available on-site. Insurance is accepted; self-pay options are also available. Parking is available at all locations.
Founded in 2008, PhysicianOne Urgent Care was the first in the market to be accredited and certified by the Urgent Care Association. In Connecticut and New York, PhysicianOne Urgent Care is proud to be an Affiliate of Yale New Haven Health. For more information, including a list of services, locations, insurances accepted, career opportunities, to view wait times, and more, please visit www.p1uc.com.
Director of Marketing
### Source :
PhysicianOne Urgent Care