Press Release (ePRNews.com) - MILWAUKEE - Jul 10, 2017 - As the saying goes – one man’s trash may be another man’s treasure. If you’re ready to free your cluttered garage from unwanted items, you’re not alone. The US has an average of 165,000 garage sales per week with over 690,000 people in attendance, according to statisticbrain.com. National Garage Sale day, held every second Sunday in August, helps homeowners clear the clutter.
This year, National Garage Sale Day is Saturday, Aug. 12. PODS Wisconsin, a moving and storage company,is offering home owners and apartment occupant’s helpful tips to get and stay organized this summer.
– Do yourself a favor and get organized. Divide the garage into zones: Storage Zone, Charity Zone, Garage Sale Zone and Trash Zone. Relocate zoned items to a PODScontainer while de-cluttering and focus on the items to sell on National Garage Sale Day.
– If you don’t use it, sell it. People often hold onto items that they do not need. Organize your belongings by sentimental value and prune the items you are unsure of. It’s possible that the unsure items will sell for top dollar at the garage sale. PODS Wisconsin offers secure, climate controlled warehouses to store those sentimental items you are not ready to part with.
– Drive a hard bargain. Everything for sale is negotiable. Remember that if someone wants your items, another person may want them too. Drive a hard bargain and get the most for your pre-loved treasures.
– Anything that doesn’t sell can be donated to charity. After the sale is over, make a trip to your nearest Goodwill, Salvation Army, thrift store or donation bin and donate the items that did not sell. You never know who may be able to use the unwanted items you have leftover.
– Keep it tidy. Set some ground rules now that the garage is clean. These rules include keeping the parking area free from clutter. Sporting equipment and tools should be stored off the floor and in cabinets to keep the garage free from chaos.
“A PODS container is the perfect solution to help residents store their belongings while decluttering their homes to prepare for National Garage Sale Day,” says John Hudson, Managing Partner of PODS of Wisconsin. “They are able to focus on executing a successful garage sale by selling their unwanted items.”
For more information about renting a PODS container, visit www.podswisconsin.com.
About PODS of Wisconsin
PODS Wisconsin is a large independently-owned franchise of PODS Enterprises, LLC, and is the leading provider of moving and storage services to residents and businesses throughout the greater Wisconsin area.
PODS® is a leader in the moving and storage industry providing both residential and commercial services in 46 U.S. states, Canada, Australia and the UK. Founded in 1998, PODS pioneered the portable moving and storage industry now preferred by many customers’ increasingly active and mobile lifestyles. To date, the PODS network has completed more than 600,000 long-distance moves, exceeded 3 million deliveries and has more than 160,000 PODS containers in service. Source :