Press Release (ePRNews.com) - RALEIGH, N.C. - Sep 11, 2018 - It is expected that Hurricane Florence will directly hit North Carolina this week. As the leading HVAC & electrical contractor in the greater Raleigh/Durham area, Yellow Dot Heating, AC & Electric is helping area homeowners with important tips and resources to prepare for Hurricane Florence.
1. Prepare with an Emergency Kit and Evacuation Plan
Staying at home may be the worst decision. These resources may help with how to prepare to evacuate to a safer area before the height of the storm:
· Emergency Kits | Emergency Shelters
· Evacuation Planning | Evacuation Routes
2. Prepare with a Whole-home Generator
Dangerous weather could result in widespread power outages. The best solution for power outages is a whole-home generator which not only keeps your heating and cooling system, water heater and refrigerator running during extended power outages, but can also power your internet router, computers, tablets and TVs.
3. Prepare with a Portable Generator
A portable generator can be integrated into your home’s power system, allowing it to act as a short-term whole-home generator. If portable generator availability is limited, Amazon.com offers overnight shipping. Also, order adequate additional extension cords to ensure the generator is not placed close to the home where Carbon Monoxide fumes could create a hazard.
4. Stay Safe Following the Storm
Here are some additional tips to help ensure safety following extreme weather:
· Watch for downed power lines, especially where flooding has occurred. Never drive over downed lines even if you believe there is no power to them.
· Do not restore power to your central air conditioner. When flooding appears to have occurred have AC equipment inspected by a licensed HVAC contractor. Restoring power to the AC could be dangerous or cause damage to the equipment or to your home.
Yellow Dot Heating, Air Conditioning & Electric expects to be available to provide emergency services for the HVAC and electrical needs of greater Raleigh homeowners. If phone lines are down, homeowners can contact Yellow Dot through their website at http://ydhvac.com or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Homeowners are asked to keep Yellow Dot’s contact information on hand in order to contact them by phone, email, web or in person at any one of their three area locations.
919-754-8686 • www.YDHVAC.com • email@example.com
1203 N. New Hope Rd
Raleigh, NC 27610
6551-125 Meridien Dr, Suite 101
Raleigh NC 27616
2205 Leah Drive Source :
Hillsborough NC 27278
Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning