Press Release (ePRNews.com) - BUEA, Cameroon - Aug 13, 2016 - Saint Monica University (SMU): The American International University today announced that it has appointed a team of six instructional specialists to fortify the institutions online offerings. The team will help design online courses in collaboration with the faculty of each of the four schools at SMU and also train faculty and staff on how to effectively use SMU’s new course management system. The instructional technology team will directly report to the newly created position of Associate Vice President of Distance Education and Learning Resources.
“Saint Monica University has been recognized as a leader in online education in Africa, and the deployment of this team will further strengthen our leadership position,” said Professor Januarius Jingwa (JJ) Asongu, President and Chief Executive Officer of SMU. “We recently successfully transitioned from Moodle to Google Classroom, but some faculty and students are still having problems with the new learning management system. With the strong team of instructional technologists, we intend to overcome all existing challenges and provide students with a great online learning experience.”
The instructional technology team is composed of professionals who are subject matter experts and who have also received the required training in instructional technology through the Google Classroom instructor certification program. The team includes:
1) Director of Online Education – Mr. Elvis Stanislaus Sengka Wanyu. He holds a Master of Business Administration degree in Human Resource Management and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy. He has been in this position since January 2017, but prior to that he was a marketing agent for SMU and did his graduate degree through online learning. He is responsible for the overall operations of SMU online activities.
2) Instructional Technology Manager – Mr. Willy Simo. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering and has experience working on various information technology projects. He will coordinate the activities of all the instructional specialists, focusing on the training of trainers and faculty/instructor training.
3) Instructional Technology Specialist for the School of Arts, Education and Humanities (SAEH) – Ms. Nadine Flore Kasse. She holds a Bachelor of Education degree and has been working at SMU since last year as Executive Assistant to the President. She will facilitate online course development, enroll students and respond to student concerns within the SAEH.
4) Instructional Technology Specialist for the School of Business and Public Policy (SBPP) – Mr. Lanre Adetola. He came to SMU from Canada and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Strategic Management and has been working at SMU since last year as the Help Desk Assistant in the Online Department. He will facilitate online course development, enroll students and respond to student concerns within the SBPP.
5) Instructional Technology Specialist for the School of Health and Human Services (SHHS) – Ms. Gillian Nkemtedong. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing and is new to SMU. She will facilitate online course development, enroll students and respond to student concerns within the SHHS.
6) Instructional Technology Specialist for the School of Science, Engineering and Technology (SSET) – Mr. Policarpo Nzee Ekua Nkene. Originally from Equatorial Guinea, he holds a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering and has experience working on various information technology projects. He will facilitate online course development, enroll students and respond to student concerns within the SSET.
“I am excited to be provided with a team of energetic and experienced professionals who are ready to become trail blazers in the online field in Africa,” said Mr. Elvis Stanislaus Sengka Wanyu, Director of Online Education at SMU. “I intend to lead a team that will work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students to support online students through the provision of excellent courses as well as customer service.”
About Saint Monica University: The American International University
Saint Monica University (SMU) is a leading private university in Cameroon. It is an American-style non-ecclesiastical Catholic institution, offering career-focused programs that are at the intersection of the liberal arts, science and technology. It is dedicated to providing educational opportunities for the intellectual, social, entrepreneurial and professional development of a diverse student population. SMU is focused on the student experience and helping our students achieve their educational and career goals, and contributing to a more sustainable society. We offer various certificates and diplomas as well as bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees through the School of Arts, Education, & Humanities (SAEH); School of Business & Public Policy (SBPP); School of Health & Human Services (SHHS); and School of Science, Engineering & Technology (SSET). SMU is accredited in the United Kingdom by the Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges, and Universities (ASIC) with Accreditation No: AS22357/0614 and is listed on the UK Register of Learning Providers (UKRLP) with the UK Provider Reference Number (UKPRN): 10048183. SMU is also fully accredited in Cameroon by the National Commission on Private Higher Education at the Ministry of Higher Education (MINESUP) with the Ordinance of Creation No: E14/0028/MINESUP/SG/DDES and the Ministerial Letter No: 15-09643/L/MINESUP/SG/DDES/ESUP/SDA/MM authorizing SMU to offer over 60 undergraduate and graduate diploma and degree programs. SMU is a member of many international academic organizations including the Council of Independent Colleges (CIC), Global Universities In Distance Education (GUIDE), and the Talloires Network. For more information about SMU, visit our website: http://www.smuedu.org or write to us at email@example.com. Source :
Saint Monica University