Press Release (ePRNews.com) - PALMA DE MALLORCA, Spain - Oct 19, 2016 - SMACH Z, a handheld console to play PC games on the go, is sold at 299 euros to Kickstarter backers. The project will last 32 days, ending on November 19th, with the funding goal set at 250.000 euros. SMACH Z will begin shipping to Kickstarter backers on April 2017. The device will run Linux or Windows 10, with more than 10,000 compatible games out of the box.
SMACH Z, will be powered by AMD’s latest generation embedded R-Series SoC, Merlin Falcon RX-421BD (12-15w) at 2.1 GHz with Radeon R7 at 800 MHz, and will feature 4GB of RAM (8GB on the PRO version), 64GB of internal memory (128GB on the PRO version) with a SD Card slot, and a 6-inch 1080p touch screen. The following games have been tested to demonstrate the performance of the console:
– Metro: Last Light Redux (720p. High settings) ~ 35 FPS
– Company of Heroes 2 (720p. Medium settings) ~ 25 FPS
– Jotun (1080p) ~ 45 FPS
– Skyrim (720p. High setting) ~ 25 FPS
– Just Cause 2 (720p. Medium settings) ~ 35 FPS
– Spiral Knights (1080p) ~ 50 FPS
– Overwatch (720p. Medium) ~ 30 FPS
– Torchlight II (1080p. Very high settings) ~ 35 FPS
– Xcom: Enemy Unknown (720p. High settings) ~30 FPS
– Civilization 5 (1080p. High settings) ~ 28 FPS
– Tomb Raider: Survivor (720p. Medium settings) ~ 40 FPS
– Alien: Isolation (720p. Ultra settings) ~ 35 FPS
Pledges run from 5 euros to participate in the SMACH Team forums to 499 euros to get a SMACH Z PRO with double amount of RAM, space capacity, front-camera and 4G connectivity. Also, the first backers can benefit from a series of limited Early Bird offers to pre-order SMACH Z at a special price.
Kickstarter URL: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smachteam/smach-z-th…