Press Release (ePRNews.com) - CRAIOVA, Romania - Oct 19, 2016 - Syncro Soft, the developer of the Oxygen XML suite of products, is proud to announce the immediate availability of version 18.1 of its industry leading XML editing suite of products, Oxygen XML Editor, Author, Developer, Web Author, and WebHelp. Syncro Soft is also pleased to announce the addition of a new Oxygen XML Scripting license, allowing some of the processing provided by Oxygen (such as the extensive DITA validation support) to be integrated in your own scripts.
Although Oxygen XML Editor version 18.1 is a maintenance release that focuses on performance and usability improvements, it also adds a variety of powerful new features, making it similar to a major release.
New Features and Improvements in Oxygen XML Editor include:
* Audio and video content in DITA is now fully supported. Oxygen XML Editor 18.1 allows you to insert media objects, play audio, and display video directly in the Author visual editing mode and includes updates to the publishing workflow to handle video and audio objects in the output.
* A new Markdown editor allows you to easily write, preview, and convert Markdown content into HTML or DITA and you can use Markdown-encoded topics in DITA maps. When validating a DITA map, Oxygen can also validate Markdown documents and transform them in the publishing stage.
* Checking for and merging changes is now easier with the new 3-way directories comparison tool and the addition of more syntax-aware diff algorithms.
* You can publish the tracked changes and comments made in DITA documents to PDF output, thus allowing you to have the review information that is captured in Oxygen also available as PDF.
* The WebHelp Responsive system received numerous updates, including new skins, support for expanding/collapsing components (sections, tables, etc.), automatic image scaling, support for DITA 1.3-specific context sensitive help information, and control over what is indexed for searches.
* Content completion for XPath and XQuery was improved with new proposals from XPath 3.0 and XQuery 3.0 specifications.
Oxygen XML Web Author provides an innovative web-based structured authoring tool. Its powerful technology and adaptive interface allows you to review, contribute, and edit content from anywhere, on desktops, tablets, or mobile devices. The new functionality added in version 18.1 enhances the DITA authoring support by allowing you to easily insert content references, displays audio and video content, allows you to control what review information is visible, and includes improvements to the GitHub connector.
The new Oxygen XML Scripting license allows you to automate the execution of the DITA Map Validation and Completeness Check from your own scripts. For example, you can use it as part of a continuous integration process. Other functionality made available by this license includes generating documentation (from XML Schema, WSDL, and XSLT), and access to the Flatten XML Schema and Instance Generator tools. For more details, please see:
As usual, Oxygen also added many new API and component updates for this release.
For the complete list of new features and detailed information, please visit
Oxygen 18.1 can be freely evaluated for 30 days from
The new Oxygen XML Web Author can also be tested online at
To purchase Oxygen XML Editor, Author, Developer or WebHelp, please visit the Oxygen XML store at
The Oxygen XML Web Author is available through several subscription packages at
If you are interested in the new Oxygen XML Scripting license please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Syncro Soft
Syncro Soft develops the industry-acclaimed Oxygen XML Editor, facilitating teams in small businesses, Fortune 500 enterprises, universities, government agencies, and international organizations in authoring documents, publishing in different formats, collaborating with team members, and managing content. At the same time, Oxygen enables XML developers to develop advanced style-sheets, edit schema, generate documentation, debug files, and connect databases. It is the only tool that supports all XML schema languages. It provides the widest coverage of state-of-the-art XML technologies, complies with standards of World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and of other organizations, and enhances productivity through an intuitive and innovative authoring and development environment.
Oxygen is a registered trademark of Syncro Soft in the U.S and other countries. Any other trademarks or service marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE: Syncro Soft SRL Source :
Syncro Soft SRL