Press Release (ePRNews.com) - CRAIOVA, Romania - Apr 22, 2016 - Release date: April 21, 2016
Syncro Soft, the developer of the Oxygen XML suite of products, is proud to announce the immediate availability of version 18.0 of its industry leading XML editing suite of products, Oxygen XML Editor, Author, Developer, and WebHelp. Syncro Soft is also pleased to announce the addition of a new product, Oxygen XML Web Author, which represents a major milestone for making XML authoring accessible to everyone by providing browser-based access to XML documents from both desktop and mobile devices.
To meet the evolving standards of the XML community, authors and developers need XML editing tools that progressively advance with the ever changing technologies. With the new Oxygen XML Web Author and the new version of Oxygen XML Editor suite of products, structured authoring professionals can create, edit, and develop XML content even more effectively and keep up with the continuous advancements in the technology world.
Oxygen XML Web Author provides an innovative web-based structured authoring tool. Its powerful technology and adaptive interface allows you to review, contribute, and edit content from anywhere, on desktops, tablets, or mobile devices. It includes a variety of features and improvements to make your authoring, collaborating, and reviewing experience more efficient and productive than ever before.
Oxygen XML Editor version 18.0 includes a variety of new features and improvements that set the standards for XML authoring and developing even higher than its users are already accustomed to.
New Features and Improvements Include:
* The visual Author mode now allows you to collaborate more easily and effectively with others through comment threads by providing a new “reply to comment” action and allowing to you mark comments as being resolved.
* A brand new visual Image Map Editor allows you to easily add links on specific areas within an image, while automatically generating the corresponding markup.
* Numerous of other improvements have been made to the visual Author mode. Working with tables has become more intuitive, a new validation engine reports problems in table structures, and more Smart Paste strategies have been implemented to allow Oxygen to preserve the validity of the document you are editing.
* The new XML-aware three-way file comparison feature helps you solve conflicts and merge changes between multiple modifications of the same file. It is especially helpful for teams that have multiple authors working concurrently on the same documents.
* DITA content can be published using a new publishing system called WebHelp Responsive. Nearly all aspects of its layout can be customized and it is adaptable to any device and screen size to provide an optimal viewing and interaction experience. It also includes a variant that allows online users to provide feedback for your documentation.
* The most commonly used documentation frameworks, DITA and DocBook, have been updated. Oxygen now officially supports DITA 1.3 and the recent DITA Open Toolkit version 2.2.3 is offered in addition to the stable 1.8.5 version. The DocBook stylesheets were updated to version 1.79.1 and DocBook schemas to version 5.1.
* When editing in Text mode, you can now use a new rectangular selection feature to copy, cut, paste, or edit the content within the selection. This is useful for editing or copying content inside a rectangular area that spans across consecutive lines.
As usual, Oxygen also added many new API and component updates for this release.
For the complete list of new features and detailed information please visit
Oxygen 18.0 can be freely evaluated for 30 days from
The new Oxygen XML Web Author can also be tested online at
To purchase Oxygen XML Editor, Author, Developer or WebHelp, please visit the Oxygen XML store at
The new Oxygen XML Web Author is available through several subscription packages at
About Syncro Soft
Syncro Soft develops the industry-acclaimed Oxygen XML Editor, facilitating teams in small businesses, Fortune 500 enterprises, universities, government agencies, and international organizations in authoring documents, publishing in different formats, collaborating with team members, and managing content. At the same time, Oxygen enables XML developers to develop advanced style-sheets, edit schema, generate documentation, debug files, and connect databases. It is the only tool that supports all XML schema languages. It provides the widest coverage of state-of-the-art XML technologies, complies with standards of World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and of other organizations, and enhances productivity through an intuitive and innovative authoring and development environment.
Oxygen is a registered trademark of Syncro Soft in the U.S and other countries. Any other trademarks or service marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE: Syncro Soft SRL Source :
Syncro Soft SRL