Press Release (ePRNews.com) - East Bank Demerara, Guyana - Jul 28, 2017 - Texila American University – College of Nursing had launched its National Seminar Series for the year 2017. As a part of this, a brainstorming webinar was conducted on “Role of Nurses in Suicide Assessment, Prevention and Intervention” on 7th July 2017 at the Texila American University Guyana Campus.
Dr. Williams Adu-Krow the Country Representative of Pan American Health Organization /World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) was the Guest Speaker for the seminar. Some of the other dignitaries who took part in the seminar were the Deputy Mayor, the Nursing Director of the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) and the Nursing Director of Davis Memorial Hospital of Guyana.
The seminar provided a comprehensive understanding on the roles and functions of nurses in various streams of the health care industry. The event was focused on:
- Reviewing basic facts about the epidemiology and risk factors for death by suicide
- New theories of suicidal behavior
- Discussing approaches to suicide risk assessment
- Describing developments in the treatment of suicidal behavior
- Appraising developments in suicide prevention
- Understanding the experience of people who are bereaved by suicide
Nursing fraternity from different parts of the country had attended the seminar and they observed that such seminars to be held in other parts of the country which will be helpful for the public and the professionals.
About Texila American University
To learn more about the University and to apply, please visit: http://www.texilaamericanuniversity.com/newswire-doctor-medicine.html Source :