Press Release (ePRNews.com) - BRISTOL, England - Oct 19, 2016 - New adventures are out there, as this 2017 Adventure Hotlist from expedition company Secret Compass proves.
“We’ve got several adventurous world-firsts lined up for 2017 and are introducing new expedition destinations from Argentina to northern Mongolia,” said Tom Bodkin, director of Secret Compass.
“Our expedition teams achieve the extraordinary in some of the world’s wildest places. Our teammates often think they’ve been everywhere…then come to us and have to think again!” concluded Bodkin.
Former teammate and travel writer Tracey Croke said, “I had to coin a new term when writing about my expeditions with Secret Compass: explorism.
“Its international teams are full of adventurous travellers, going to incredible places to make history on their annual leave. It’s as close to being a real explorer as it’s possible to get.”
The 2017 Adventure Hotlist
Brand new for 2017
1. Bhutan: make a first ascent on a 5,400m mountain in this Buddhist Kingdom
2. Argentina: live like a true gaucho on a self-sufficient, 100,000 acre estancia
3. Chad: explore the Tibesti plateau and Emi Koussi, its highest volcanic peak
4. Georgia: learn Alpine skills then practice them in the Caucasus mountains
5. Iran: build up to a trekking ascent of Damavand, Iran’s highest peak (5,610m)
6. Mongolia: experience authentic cross-country skiing in the frozen, wild north
7. Mozambique: raft 250km of the Niassa Reserve’s wildlife-filled Lugenda river
Pioneering 2017 destinations
8. Afghanistan: forge a route between the Wakhan’s great Pamir mountains
9. Armenia: follow the contours of the Caucasus en route to Tatev monastery
10. Burma: climb SE Asia’s most prominent peak in mythical Nagaland
11. DRC: explore Virunga National Park and discover the peaks of the Rwenzoris
12. Gabon: packraft the equator in the Ivindo National Park
13. Iran: traverse the epic Lut desert, home to the world’s hottest spot
14. Iraqi Kurdistan: scale Mt Halgurd (3,607m) and the Zagros ranges’ high peaks
15. Kamchatka: explore Eurasia’s high volcanoes on this bear-packed peninsula
16. Madagascar: adventure from peak to sea on this raft and trek challenge
17. North Korea: discover the national parks of this very secretive state
18. Panama: conquer one of the world’s most notorious jungles – the Darien Gap
19. Siberia: join the nomadic Nenets reindeer herders on an epic race for survival
20. Sinai: join the nomadic Bedouin on an authentic, minimalist desert traverse
UK Weekends: expedition tasters
“Many people would love to cram more adventure into their lives but time, work and family restraints get in the way,” said Tom Bodkin, director of Secret Compass.
“Our new UK mini-expedition weekends in Wales’s Brecon Beacons National Parks are perfect for busy people who just have 48 hours to spare. Our first two weekends were a hit with four more planned for 2017.”
“Many adventure companies offer itineraries in established regions that are well supported by local infrastructure and staff,” explained Kerry O’Neill, communications director with Secret Compass.
“Our expeditions differ. Rather than offering tick-box touristic experiences such as Everest, we strive to create entirely new ones and to do them in expeditionary style.
“Examples are packrafting Gabon’s Ivindo National Park, scaling southern Armenia’s highest trekking peaks, undertaking a peak to sea challenge in Madagascar or camping out in North Korea.
“It’s hard to compare some of our expeditions with others as, frequently, no-one else offers anything like it! While working in new destinations is challenging, being the only people on the mountain is an incredible feeling our teammates love.”
“While Secret Compass is diversifying into some more traditional adventure challenges for 2017 – to be announced shortly – they will retain our goal-driven, self-sufficient and team-centred ethos.”
Fur further press information contact communications director Kerry O’Neill on 0207 096 8428 or via email on Kerry@secretcompass.com
NOTES TO EDITORS
SECRET COMPASS EXPEDITIONS
Secret Compass redefines what is possible by creating pioneering projects in the world’s wildest places. It’s built around a team of trusted experts who combine a passion for exploration with industry-leading professionalism. Secret Compass reignites your primal need for adventure, providing the catalyst for you to come alive and achieve the extraordinary. Press enquiries: 0207 096 8428
Secret Compass TV and Brand Projects
Secret Compass TV and Film provides expert pre-production and in-country location management services to the TV and film industries. Clients to date include the BBC, Nat Geo, Discovery, Animal Planet and Channel 4, in countries including Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, South Sudan and Siberia. Its Brand arm works on projects for companies including Mitsubishi, Jagermeiser, Nespresso, Sony and more. Source :
Business Info : Secret Compass