Press Release (ePRNews.com) - LOS ANGELES - Sep 06, 2017 - The Accelerated Schools, a pre-K-12th grade network of public charter schools that provides high quality education to students in South Los Angeles, celebrates their grand opening of a new, $37 million campus for its dual language (Spanish/English) school, The Accelerated Charter Elementary School (ACES). This brief reception will honor the hard work and dedication of ACES supporters, staff, and students; including special recognition of donors.
Thursday, Sept. 7, 2017 from 10:30 —11:30 a.m. (Media Check-in 10 a.m.) The corner of Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. and Main Street, Los Angeles, at 3914 S. Main Street, 90011 (818) 385-7472
(Directly across the street from The Accelerated School’s main campus)
- Johnathan Williams, Founder of and CEO, The Accelerated Schools
- Eric Johnson, President of the Board, The Accelerated Schools
- Susan Raudry, Principal of ACES (Spanish-language spokesperson)
- ACES students (Spanish language) and teachers
- Philanthropists, LAUSD Reps and Public Officials
- Lively and enthusiastic ACES students
- The new ACES construction project has been made possible by grants from the Los Angeles philanthropic and corporate communities; the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD); the State of California through Proposition 55, and taxpayers like you.
- ACES is a “green’ school; scheduled for LEED Silver certification.
- Project includes 100,000 square feet of new school improvements: 19,000 sq. ft. of play and outdoor teaching space, 11,569 sq. ft. for multipurpose room, cafeteria and lunch shelter space and more.
- Gomez & Gomez Dual Language Enrichment model is used for dual language program—only one in Los Angeles.
- The student population at ACES reflects South Central L.A’s community: 90% Latino, 5% African-American, 1% White and 4% other.
The Accelerated School