Tow Times and Ford Trucks Name Top Winners of Tow Truck Beauty Contest
Press Release (ePRNews.com) - WINTER SPRINGS, Fla. - Nov 05, 2018 - Seven lucky towing companies were named the top winners of the 2018 Shine ‘n Star tow truck beauty contest powered by Ford Trucks and sponsored by Tow Times magazine.
The winners were chosen from among more than 400 entries from around the country and Canada competing in categories ranging from light-duty, medium-duty, heavy-duty, car carrier and working trucks.
Marc’s Auto Service LLC of Wareham, Mass., rumbled away with the Grand Prize for a Jerr-Dan Corp. heavy-duty 50/60 rotator attached to a 2019 Peterbilt chassis that some admirers have called “sweet.”
It’s the first year we’ve had the truck. I was very surprised. We’ve never actually won anything like that.
“It’s the first year we’ve had the truck,” said Marc Whitney, the second generation to work at Marc’s Auto, started by his dad over 25 years ago. “I was very surprised. We’ve never actually won anything like that.”
Marc’s entry has a fire-engine red vinyl wrap by D&F Wraps of Cheshire, Conn., with yellow flames spreading from the front grille and the company name emblazoned on each side. Blue and green chevron stripes on the back of the truck improve its visibility on the road.
The heavy-duty tow truck was the first one Jerr-Dan built with a 50,000-lb. drag winch for heavier pulling. It boasts dual side controls and plenty of storage. The equipment, purchased at Crawford Truck, Lancaster, Mass., is a departure for Marc’s Auto, which over the years has bought mostly older trucks , repainting them with their green logo colors.
All of the Shine ‘n Star winners will be featured in Tow Times magazine throughout the coming year. Here are all 17 of the 2018 winners:
- Grand Prize: Marc’s Auto Service LLC, Wareham, MA
- People’s Choice: Northern Lights Auto Service, Mattydale, NY
- Light-Duty: Non-Stop Towing & Recovery, Freeport, NY
- Medium-Duty: Candido’s Towing & Repair, Somerset, KY
- Heavy-Duty: Archie’s Towing Inc., Orange, CA
- Car Carrier: Anytime Towing, Waynesville, NC
- Working Truck: Central Auto and Transport LLC, Hartford, CT
- Light-Duty: Jonnys Towing & Recovery, Oswego, IL
- Medium-Duty: LW’s Towing, Frisco, TX
- Heavy-Duty: Camel Towing LLC, Lake Worth, FL
- Car Carrier: Unlimited Towing, York, PA
- Working Truck: AutoHaus Towing & Recovery, Sherwood, OR
- Light-Duty: Max’s 641 Towing & Service, Murray, KY
- Medium-Duty: Southpark Garage LLC, Stamford, CT
- Heavy-Duty: Rusiniak’s Service Inc., Buffalo, NY
- Car Carrier: Rick’s Towing & Repair Inc., Williston, VT
- Working Truck: Plan B Transport, Hillsborough, NJ
For more information about the Shine ‘n Star Tow Truck Photo Beauty Contest, contact Tow Times’ Publisher Clarissa Powell, 407-936-2491 or email@example.com.
Reach Marc Whitney of Marc’s Auto Service LLC, Wareham, MA, at 508-295-4000.Source : Tow Times magazine
Tow Times magazine