Press Release (ePRNews.com) - Chicago, IL - Apr 04, 2019 - It is about that time to start thinking about vacation. Maybe your will be a road trip to see family or maybe visit a theme park, the beach or a multi-state tour. It is important to make sure that your vehicle is ready for a long journey before setting off on a road trip. This is true especially if your route passes through lightly populated or rural areas away from an Interstate. It is wise to check your vehicle’s basic functions and systems before departure. Doing so can help to ensure a safe, smooth road trip. These tips are suggested by used car sales Chicago Zeigler Nissan of Orland Park.
• Checking your brakes is foremost on the list. Your vehicle’s brakes are a critical component for any drive. Whether heading across town or across the country, be sure your car’s brakes are in good condition before; leaving.
• Next on the list is checking the tires. Besides making sure you have a spare tire with you, inflate all tires, including the spare, to the recommended tire pressure. Look for uneven tread wear, which might indicate that an alignment or replacement tires might be necessary.
• Your lights and signals are next. Make sure your headlights, tail lights, brake lights and turn signals all work as they should. Of course, place as needed.
• No check the wiper blades and washer fluid. A fresh set of wiper blades is a good investment before a road trip. Also, be sure fill your washer fluid reservoir before hitting the road.
• The engine coolant is very important. There’s nothing worse than an overheating vehicle, especially on a trip. If your engine coolant is old, it’s a smart idea to replace it with new coolant. Your car should be ready for extreme heat or extreme cold, depending on where you’re going and the time of year.
• Examine the fans, belts and hoses. Your car’s engine fan, belts and hoses are critical for engine cooling, so be sure they’re in good condition before your trip. Replace any cracked or “dry” hoses or belts.
• Test the battery. It’s easy to have your battery tested to make sure it’s ready for a road trip. If your battery is more than 3 years old, get it checked before taking off.
• Make sure your car’s fluids are in good condition and are topped off. This includes the oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, and the power steering fluid.
• Always take basic tools. Make sure all of your vehicle’s tire-change tools are present and accounted for. It’s good idea to bring a basic set of tools that could help fix a minor malfunction during your trip.
• Consider taking emergency supplies. Even performing everything on this road trip checklist, you could still become stranded with a disabled vehicle. You will want to have emergency provisions aboard just in the event that this happens. Food and water are critical, of course, but depending on the weather, you should also take appropriate clothing and accessories, like sunscreen, a hat for hot sunny areas, or a blanket for cold regions.
When looking for that new vehicle to take that road trip try used car sales Chicago Zeigler Nissan of Orland Park
Source : http://www.zeiglernissanoforlandpark.com