The greatest number of female creative technologists ever to come together in a New York City festival
Press Release (ePRNews.com) - BROOKLYN, N.Y. - Apr 30, 2017 - Dear Reader, we had hoped by this time that it would be unnecessary to make yet another list of women in technology. It appears, however, that many tech companies and conferences are still having trouble discovering and recognizing elite, experienced female coders, digital creatives, women in VR, women doing 3D printing and projection mapping and immersive installations.
Creative Tech Week (May 12-21 2017, more at ctw.nyc) is a 9-day festival in New York City that offers access to conferences, performances, parties and art exhibits showcasing some of the best male and female creative technologists in the country. Committed to gender diversity, this year we feature 66 women alongside an approximately equal number of men. Without denying our male and trans/nonbinary experts their due, but to celebrate and draw attention to these women, we announce them here.
1. Isabel Walcott Draves – Founder of Creative Tech Week, Draves is the premier organizer of gender-balanced creative technology events in the USA.
2. Dawn Barber – CTW co-founder, long-time tech event producer Dawn Barber runs the CUNY Tech Meetup and co-founded the NY Tech Meetup.
3. Randi Brandt – COO of Future Colossal; Program Director for CTW; CTW Mixed Reality Exhibitor
4. L’Rai Arthur-Mensah – Project Manager, Local Projects; Moderator for CTW.
· Mixed Reality Party at the Microsoft Reactor at Grand Central Tech, 335 Madison in Manhattan on Wednesday May 17 5-10pm with food, drink and virtual and augmented reality experiences (Tickets required) https://mixed_reality_2017.eventbrite.com
If you have any concerns regarding this press release, please contact the Author / Media Contact / Business of this press release. ePRNews is not resposible for the accuracy of the news posted and do not endorse, support any product/ services/ business mentioned and hereby disclaims any content contained in this press release.