7 Vital Things You Need to Know about Facebook Advertising from BusinessNET Founder Ben Simkin
Press Release (ePRNews.com) - Brisbane, Australia - Jan 03, 2017 - Simkin’s work in online marketing is no secret – his work in growing the revenue of the companies he works with through strategies like Facebook advertising has earned him the admiration of many in the business world, and generated more than $1 billion in sales for his clients.
Founder of BusinessNET and leading Facebook advertising expert, Ben Simkin, knows a thing or two about making the most of the social media platform’s advertising service. In an article for Inc.com, Simkin gives entrepreneur and investor, John Rampton, his top 7 pieces of advice for budding Facebook advertisers looking to grow their businesses.
Rampton’s Inc. article, titled ‘7 Things You Need to Know Before You Launch Facebook Ads’, draws heavily on Simkin’s expertise. He encourages business owners to:
- Trust that Facebook ads will work for your business.
- “It’s a misconception people tend to have [that Facebook ads won’t work] because they don’t realize the same people who are CEOs, housewives, blue and white collar workers, and consumers in general are all on Facebook,” says Simkin.
- Have a goal in mind.
- You need to have a clear understanding of the goals you hope to accomplish with your Facebook ads – the more specific you are with your goals, the more you can tailor your ads to help you reach your goals, and the more you can track your progress to make necessary tweaks to your ads.
- Take advantage of Facebook’s promotional tools.
- Use Facebooks tools – like boosting your post, promoting your page, or sending people to your website – to make the most of your advertising budget.
- Know your KPIs.
- Once you know your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) you can focus on your actual net profits. “You don’t want to get caught up trying to drive down your cost per click to 10 cents if that means you are going to make less sales, or lower profit sales. So we keep metrics on our marketing on Facebook and we can often turn $1 into $20 once we have a campaign dialed in. For instance, just before Christmas in 2015 we ran a campaign, where we spent $15,491 on Facebook Advertising and generated $360,000 in sales,” says Simkin.
- Create a small target of potential customers.
- Do some research, look for individual publications and blogs your ideal customer will likely follow, and use this insight to focus in on what pages your customers likely follow. This is one of the most effective ways to ensure your ads are getting to the right people.
- Create rotating ads.
- Make sure you make at least three ads with the same targeted interests and the same goals. Rotate these ads within your given campaign. If you do this, it allows you to gather individual information on each ad you create.
- Make sure your split tests are statistically significant.
- Anytime you’re testing an ad or landing page, you should look for at least 1,000 unique experiences or impressions before jumping to conclusions about whether the page works or not.
- Simkin always emphasizes the importance of these tests. “When running a split test in your marketing,” he says, “you never want to act too quickly, as that will often mean you’ll never find a winning campaign. It’s always better to wait longer and spend that extra $50 to $100 to know for sure if you need to change your campaign than to cut it too early.”
Simkin’s advice makes for an informative and in-depth article that’s incredibly useful to business owners just starting to implement Facebook advertising strategies. Keep up to date with Ben and his work – including podcasts, articles, and personal mastermind events – by following his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/benjaminsimkin.Source : BusinessNET