If you are a small business owner, having your very own website might bring a great asset – especially during this pandemic. But when it comes to websites, you cannot do a touch-and-go job. Because in order to succeed, there are small business website essentials that need to be incorporated.
So, how do you build a successful website for small businesses? Well, let us take a look at 5 important additions that can truly make a change.
1. Company information
When you are a small business owner, you need to try and capture an audience whenever possible. To do so, it is important to clearly communicate your company information to your users. Because all potential customers that approach your website will want to know the specifics of your company. Hence, the following is a set of important information that needs to be available on your website.
- Place of business – Providing a place of business will tell your potential customers where your products and services are available at. Most web designers Toronto will even integrate a map with directions – which is even better.
- Working Hours – Mentioning your working hours will help your customers know when you are available for business. This will let them know when you are reachable.
- Business Profile – A business profile will tell your potential customers what you are involved in and what it is that you actually do. Your “About Us” page is an ideal place to fit in this piece of information.
- Contact Details – Contact details are a MUST on the list of small business website essentials. Because this is how your potential customers are going to reach out to you – and if not for this piece of information, you probably will lose all contact with them.
2. Utilize Components That Could Enhance User Experience
If your website does not provide a quality user experience, chances are that you will lose customers in large numbers. Because your users’ experience is what will encourage or discourage them to stay on site.
So on our list of small business website essentials, let us take a look at a few UX-focused elements that are popular in our Toronto web design agency.
- Simplified navigation – Navigation is how your users will know where they are, where they have been, and where they can go. The more simple and consistent it is, the better the experience is going to be for your users.
- High-quality visual aids – Visual media are an effective way of grabbing user attraction and keeping them focused. Hence, using high-quality visual aid is yet another practice of best web design services.
- Loading speed – Faster loading speeds are crucial in the modern-day and age. Tools such as Google PageSpeed Insights will be able to help you out with better page performance.
- Distinguishable Call-To-Actions – Having clear, meaningful, and distinguishable CTAs is also on our list of small business website essentials. It will help guide your users in the desired direction and will help turn conversions.
3. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Optimized web pages help you rank better on search engines, and better ranking leads to improved visibility on the internet. This is exactly why SEO plays a critical role today, especially for small businesses. Hence, the following are a few SEO techniques followed by our professional web design company.
- Research keywords and utilize them
- Leverage long-tail keyword usage
- Mobile responsive web designs
- Optimized and enriched meta tags
4. Deliver Value-Adding Content
To speak logically, your content is what your visitors come for. So for you to retain the relevant users and maintain their attention, you need to have valuable content on your website. This can be textual content, video content, audio content, or even images. Hence, let us take a look at how you can convert your content from good to great.
- Add the human factor
- Make use of the different medium
- Update your content frequently
- Make them relevant
5. Use Trust Elements
When it comes to small business website essentials, trust elements are of immense value. Because these elements encourage your potential customers to believe in your brand and to grow a loyal customer base. Therefore, when designing your website, do not forget to leave space for customer testimonials, reviews, ratings, and feedback. It would be easy to maintain your website, if you follow all of the above things.