If you have been wondering about the right Ashwagandha dosage and other factors, that means that you are seriously considering consuming this superfood as labeled by several health experts. It could be a great decision, provided you can safely take it regularly (please do consult your physician/medical practitioner/health expert/doctor) since it comes with various health benefits as well.
We all know that Ashwagandha has been around for several years now and has been one of the pillars of traditional Ayurvedic medicinal systems as applied in India and other parts of the world, such as North Africa. It has been used for treating a variety of maladies, chief amongst them being lowering anxiety and stress levels while enhancing muscle mass and strength as well. Here’s looking at some of its wide-ranging health benefits that you should be aware of.
Significant advantages of Ashwagandha for users
● Combating Anxiety and Stress- Studies have shown that consumption of Ashwagandha may help in sizably lowering levels of stress and anxiety. Cortisol is the stress hormone that is released by the adrenal glands of the body whenever we respond to any form of stress. According to the studies conducted, the herb may lower cortisol, and it may have a calming effect on people with symptoms of perennial anxiety as well.
● Relief from Arthritis- Consuming the suitable Ashwagandha dosage may also help in ensuring ample relief from arthritis according to reports. This herb is perceived as a source of pain relief since it works on the nervous system, preventing the sending of pain signals. It may also have anti-inflammation attributes as per reports. The Indian Journal of Medical Research had a study where it was found that the herb had a strong potential for helping treat rheumatoid arthritis.
● Enhancing Heart Health- Ashwagandha may considerably enhance overall heart health while helping combat high cholesterol, blood pressure, heart ailments, and chest pain alike. A study published in the International Journal of Ayurveda Research discovered that usage of the herb for enhancing heart health had a positive impact on enhanced endurance and muscle strength.
● Tackling Alzheimer’s Disease- As per the African Journal of Traditional, Complementary and Alternative Medicine and several other reports, the herb may prevent/slow down brain function loss in those with Huntington’s, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s among other mental ailments. With the progress of these ailments, brain components and connective pathways start suffering from damage, leading to memory function impairment and memory loss alike.
● Combating Cancer- Several studies have shown promising initial results of the capabilities of Ashwagandha to potentially stop the growth of certain cancer cells. Animal studies have demonstrated the ability of Ashwagandha to lower tumors of the lung while it may also slow down the growth of cancer cells in the kidney, breast, lung, and prostate.
Consult your doctor about the right Ashwagandha dosage and whether you should be safely consuming it or not. The herb may have significant health benefits, and a few of them are mentioned above. Pregnant women, however, should avoid usage of the same. This herb may also enhance overall athletic performance, including improving muscle strength and mass. It may also help in stabilizing blood sugar levels and tackling neurodegenerative diseases. In fact, at a basic level, its anti-inflammatory properties may help it enhance immunity as well.