A portable gym refers to the equipment that an individual can use to exercise at any place. These tools and gears help get the same number of workouts that a fitness center would have proffered.
Also known as a mobile gym or a home gym, a portable gym helps people lose calories in the comfort of their homes. It encompasses exercises for developing the neck, shoulder, upper and lower back, legs, arms, and abdomen muscles. It allows the interested individuals to work out at their own pace and in their unique style.
Features of Portable Gym Equipment
A portable gym can work with diverse equipment aimed to train the different parts of the body. Generally, all of them come with a few recurrent features and attributes. However, they may differ according to the personal needs, preferences, and requirements of the user. Nevertheless, for the principal part, they remain consistent.
A few of them comprise the following characteristics:
• The pieces of equipment have moderate weight and compact dimensions
• They have an ergonomic design and construction
• They can easily be stored and carried from one place to another
• The items do not require any elaborate and time-consuming setup process
• The stretchable ones do not proffer extreme resistance to pull
• Some of them can are collapsible and can get compressed into smaller sizes
Examples of Portable Gym Equipment
Thousands of portable gym equipment are available in the market. However, the ones that stand out from the rest have some notable qualities that make them attractive to people all across the globe. A few of them entails the following examples:
• Ankle Weights: Although leg exercises work perfectly to tone the lower body and bring it into shape, ankle weights add an increased toughness level to the existing ones. They function the best when used during hip extensions or leg raise workouts. Ankle weights must have comfortably padded ankle cuffs and secure pockets to hold the weight bars. Due to their small and convenient size, they can come into use anywhere and any time, even while working.
• Hand Weights: The upper half counterpart of ankle weights, hand weights help in developing the arms. They can get used on the wrists or the forearms. It depends on the preference of the user and the type of exercise. This piece of equipment can also find application during working hours or household activities.
• Resistant Bands: Resistant bands provide support in almost all full-body and strength exercises. They have the highest capability and ability when it comes to portability and storage. They can come into use almost anywhere and do not require the users to do much before starting. Although the name says “resistance,” resistance bands should be flexible and stretchable to an extent for safe use.
• Door Anchor: Door anchor is also a type of resistant band. However, their unique point is that they can get fixed to a particular surface like a door. They provide strength and stretching activities to the arms and shoulders.
Benefits of a Portable Gym
A portable gym serves as an excellent option for those who wish to work out but do not fancy going to the gym. It proffers most of the gym activities. Nevertheless, it remains surrounded by the cozy and comfortable atmosphere of one’s home. Its benefits in contrast to a fitness center include the following:
• Cost: A portable gym comes at a reasonable price that makes for a one-time purchase. Unlike the gym membership and miscellaneous fees that an individual needs to give continually at particular intervals, there is no case of continued expense here. Hence, a portable gym will aid in curbing unnecessary wastage of money and will, in turn, help save it.
• Personalized Weights: In a gym, each piece of equipment will have a specific quantity of weight set to them beforehand by the gym workers and owner. In such instances, it is arduous and almost impossible to change the loads to customize them according to personal endurance and preference. This issue does not arise for a portable gym where every piece of equipment gets tailored to suit individual inclinations. It stands true for all their features and attributes as well.
• Timing: Like all public services, gyms have a set timing during which they operate. An individual cannot access them at any other period of the day. Additionally, they remain out of reach when one has to travel. On the other hand, a portable gym is available to its owner at any time, even on the road. They can carry it with them owing to their small size and lightweight nature.
• Comfort: Some shy people feel uncomfortable going to a gym because they feel awkward working out among several people. The coaches there may also enforce their regimes onto them against their consent and enjoyment. For such individuals, a portable gym is the best option. Using it, they can comfortably exercise at home, out of anyone’s stare or guidance.
Tips on Choosing the Best Portable Gym
Due to the unending options available in the market, all options for a portable gym may seem worthwhile. However, one must ensure that the final purchase is not a failed one where the spent amount gets wasted. Hence, the buyers need to consider a few factors. These elements guarantee that each individual finds and buys a portable gym that is best suited for them.
These parameters comprise the following:
• Cost: As is the case with every product, the buyer must check the price of the portable gym. Merchandise may get offered at a price that is too high for the features and equipment that it provides. In those cases, it is best to look for alternatives. The cost must be proportional to the proffered items to a degree.
• Exercise components and options: A portable gym can come with equipment that focuses on toning the entire body or specific parts such as the legs, abdomen, arms, etc. The final decision and purchase must get made depending on the requirements of the buyer. Additionally, the products that offer a greater variety of options are the better choice.
• Instructions: No buyer should go for a portable gym that does not have a detailed instruction and safety manual.
• Durability: Each piece of equipment of the portable gym must be sturdy and capable of withstanding excessive use and abuse. It ensures that the product lasts for a long time.
• Compact: A portable gym cannot live up to its name if it is not compact, lightweight, and travel-friendly. It should be possible to compress all the equipment in a small case that can fit almost anywhere.