The second-largest country in the world, Canada, is known for its delectable maple syrup and ice hockey tournaments. However, that’s not all there is to this North American country. In the past few decades, Canada has received laurels for being one of the best education providers in the world. According to US News, Canada ranks third in the Best Countries for Education rankings released in 2019. This is also one of the major factors behind the increase in footfall of international students in the country. 2018 alone witnessed 542,415 international students in Canada and the number keeps rising each year.
With the increasing popularity of Canada as a study abroad destination, more students are considering the option of pursuing their higher education in the country. If you are wondering which country is the best fit for your study abroad venture, read this blog to find out why opting to study in an English school in Toronto could be the right choice for you.
5 reasons why students choose Canada for higher education
Apart from the high quality of education offered by Canadian universities, there are several other reasons for the increasing diversion of students towards Canada to pursue their higher education, such as:
1. Low cost of living: Whether it is the tuition fees or the cost of accommodation, Canada offers affordable options for international students, helping them cope with the expenses of pursuing higher education abroad. According to numbeo, rent prices in Canada are 32.97% lesser than the United States.
2. High standard of living: According to the OECD Better Life Index, Canada ranks fourth in terms of well-being as compared to all other countries in the world. This encourages more students to opt for Canada as their study abroad destination.
3. High safety index: One of the major factors that students consider before deciding their study abroad destination is the safety index. Canada’s global rank in the UL Safety Index is 8th, with a safety index of 88 (100 being the safest). Over the past few years, the crime rate in Canada has witnessed a steady decline, promoting the country as a safe haven for international students.
4. An expanse of green spaces: Canada is home to 48 national parks and national park reserves, which makes up for 3% of the country’s landmass. It is known to be a nature-friendly country, with various efforts being made to increase the green spaces.
5. Employment opportunities: In the past few years, Canada has witnessed a booming start-up culture. Professionals with entrepreneurial instincts are taking advantage of Canada’s technological advancement and growing economy to start their own business endeavours. This, in turn, has created many job opportunities for students who graduate from a Canadian university. Furthermore, many top organisations are entering the Canadian market, owing to economic growth and the availability of skilled talent.
If you want to advance your career and acquire high-quality education, Canada is the place to be. The country is extremely warm towards international students, has an excellent standard of living and provides bright career prospects for skilled professionals. So, sign up for an undergraduate or postgraduate programme with a Canadian university today and become a part of Canada’s booming job scene.