Having a beautiful and confident smile isn’t restricted by age. An enviable set of teeth is possible, regardless of age or if you’ve had work done, as long as you have a relatively complete set of teeth. The Invisalign treatment is discreet, so you don’t have to be worried about the attention you may get or think of it as embarrassing. It is also quite convenient because it is removable.
What Exactly Is Invisalign?
The idea of Invisalign was birthed out of the desire for a more convenient way of correcting teeth. Metal braces are trusted and effective, but they are also uncomfortable, annoying, and unaesthetic. Invisalign is an orthodontic device created to address some issues relating to metal braces. It is a set of transparent trays made out of malleable thermoplastic material molded after your teeth.
The clear aligners, Invisalign, correct the teeth by exerting pressure on them. Once installed, it is recommended and effective to wear them for about 22 hours daily. Also, you are to pay regular visits to your dentist for as long as the treatment lasts to monitor your progress and give you a new set of aligners.
How Effective Is Invisalign?
There have been testimonies of how effective Invisalign treatment is, but there is currently minimal research on it. However, based on available statistics, it has been shown that Invisalign is one of the best available clear aligners. It is quite effective against several teeth irregularities, especially mild and moderate cases. Invisalign works well to correct bite problems, crowded teeth, and gap teeth.
Concerning Invisalign treatment, your first appointment with your dentist should be to examine your teeth to see if you are a fit candidate based on various examinations, including an x-ray and a look at your medical history. Once it has been settled that you are, you can go on to discuss the results you desire with your dentist. A 3D scanner gets the mold of your teeth, and your custom-designed trays are made.
Now, you have a huge role to play in the success of your Invisalign treatment. This is because its effectiveness is largely proportional to the patient’s diligence and how well they comply with the dentist’s instructions. You must have them on for the recommended time frame, avoid certain foods, and go back to the dentist for progress monitoring and changing the trays. Doing all of that with discipline makes the treatment effective.
When Does it Become Too Late to Get Invisalign?
There are many reasons why people would choose to correct tooth irregularities, regardless of the time in their lives. Having crooked teeth can even lead to other tooth problems since it is harder to get rid of plaque. If you couldn’t afford to correct your teeth earlier in life, age isn’t a factor that should hinder you.
It is never too late to get Invisalign treatment because it is suitable for all ages. Yes, the treatment may be more challenging at an older age because the teeth have been firmly positioned, and patients may have had work done on their teeth, like installing a crown. However, these factors do not make it impossible to get Invisalign treatment, but you will have to discuss the dental work that has been done on your teeth with your dentist. Notwithstanding, you should know that the factors that may render a person unfit for the procedure are hardly age-based.
Also, it is easier for older people to see good results because they are generally more diligent and consistent than younger people. They know how to take proper care of their teeth and the braces, and they also heed the dentist’s instructions more. Depending on how you look at it, a person’s older years may be the perfect time to get orthodontic treatment because they would have a lot of time and be able to focus on themselves. These days, people in their senior years don’t just grow old; even in their later years, they still enjoy trying new hobbies and activities.
How Can Invisalign Enhance Your Quality of Life?
Many benefits come with getting Invisalign that aren’t age-bound. Which are
- Improved dental health. It is hard to maintain good oral hygiene when you have crooked or crowded teeth because plaque could build up in places your brush and floss can’t reach. Plaque buildup leads to complications. Fixing your teeth with Invisalign makes it easier to take care of them, lowering the risks of other dental problems.
- Boost self-esteem. Confidence is one factor that plays a crucial role in a person’s life, and not having good teeth might take away from it. Having an envy-worthy dentition goes a long way in boosting a person’s self-esteem and improving their relationships with others.
- Enhances overall health. Getting Invisalign is a bold step in the right direction of excellent dentition because a consequence of having bad teeth may be tooth decay. When tooth decay reaches its advanced stage, it could affect the jaw, neck, and even a person’s lungs and heart.
- Eat and drink better. Older people may want to fix tooth irregularities because they have trouble eating and drinking comfortably. This condition is possible even if they have had work done on their teeth earlier because there is usually the risk of a relapse. Getting Invisalign can help older people enjoy foods they usually wouldn’t be able to.
- It makes you look and feel younger. While fixing your teeth with Invisalign might not give you the same results as getting a facelift, it makes you look younger. is because the skin around your mouth is firmer, and a nice smile gives that effect.
Now, you know that there is no age restriction on getting Invisalign. However, this doesn’t mean the treatment is for everybody because factors like the severity of the issue you are trying to fix may make you unfit for Invisalign treatment. The only way to know for sure is to consult your dentist.