Having crooked teeth isn’t the worst thing in the world, but it can easily affect us and ruin our mood. Fortunately, there are many solutions to this problem. The only solution is to wear braces, but there are many types to accommodate everyone’s needs. That’s why you should pay a visit to your Invisalign dentist and see what they have to say.
With so many types of braces available, it’s almost impossible to determine what would be the most suitable for you. That is until you have a talk with your dentist. Many people dread that because they know what braces look like. Nobody wants to have a mouthful of metal for months or even years. Not only does it look unsightly, but traditional metal braces can be quite uncomfortable too. So, what is the secret to a perfect smile? In short – Invisalign.
Many have debated on the effectiveness of clear aligners because they don’t look like much. That’s why many dentists now recommend traditional braces. We’re here to tell you more about invisible aligners and why they’re the better option most of the time. If you’ve never heard of them before, buckle up because they will blow your mind.
How Do Crooked Teeth Affect Us?
If you’ve ever had crooked teeth, you know that they come with a dose of embarrassment. But crooked teeth are nothing to be ashamed of, as they aren’t something you can control. However, seeing other people with naturally straight teeth can take a toll on our confidence because society sets the standard of what’s regarded as pretty. Unfortunately, many people also experience bullying because of their crooked teeth.
The aesthetic effects aren’t the only ones that exist. Small jaws can lead to teeth overcrowding or irregular biting motions, which can directly affect how we process food. So, when we ask ourselves what makes a perfect smile, we have to keep in mind both the aesthetic and health aspects of teeth.
Luckily, braces are a very efficient solution to crooked teeth. Since metal braces are an option, they can sometimes only draw attention where you don’t want it. That’s why invisible braces are always a better option – they will straighten your teeth without anyone knowing what’s going on. You’ll be able to smile without worrying about what others are going to think.
What Is Invisalign?
The history of Invisalign is lengthier than most people imagine. In fact, they were first invented in 1997, hitting the market in 2001. That’s 20 years of clear braces taking over the world, making people’s lives better.
Ceramic braces exist too, and they’re significantly less visible, so why should anyone choose Invisalign? Well, there is much more to these clear aligners than just their appearance. These braces are essentially plastic trays used to straighten your teeth. With Invisalign, you can correct minor and moderate crookedness, as well as your bite.
Many people wonder how these plastic trays move teeth into position because they look so sleek, but don’t let the look fool you. Invisalign is made from high-quality body-safe plastic that’s tougher than it looks. When you get your custom treatment plan, you’re likely to get multiple plastic trays. You will change these trays several times throughout your teeth-straightening journey, making multiple and regular dreadful visits to your dentist’s office almost unnecessary.
Invisalign is always the answer to how to have a perfect smile because the process of getting them is simple. All you’ll need is an appointment with your dentist, a 3D scan, and a physical print of your teeth. Plus, did we mention they’re so much more comfortable to wear?
Invisalign vs. Traditional Braces
So, how to get a perfect smile? Do you choose Invisalign or settle for traditional braces? The answer can depend on many things, especially the level of crookedness of your teeth. While your dentist will be the one to determine which option is better for you, let’s talk about the benefits of Invisalign. We’ll compare clear braces to traditional braces, letting you know what to expect from both.
These are only some of the Invisalign benefits:
- The clear design makes wearing Invisalign braces a discreet experience. While children may love having colorful metal braces, adults usually gravitate to something that doesn’t draw so much attention.
- Comfortability is a big benefit of clear braces. Since they’re molded to fit your teeth, you’ll barely know they’re there. Plus, they won’t irritate you.
- Trays are removable. Yes, you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite food, brush your teeth, and floss regularly with ease. You won’t have to worry about having anything stuck in metal wires because there aren’t any.
- The Invisalign treatment is often shorter and saves you time. Because the movement of teeth can be precisely predicted, your dentist will be able to manufacture several trays at once. That means fewer trips to the dental office and no fuss about changing the wires.
- Ending your Invisalign treatment is easy because all you have to do is stop wearing your trays. Metal braces are glued to your teeth, and that glue has to be taken off at the end of the treatment. That can potentially harm or stain your teeth, making Invisalign the better option. You also won’t need whitening treatments after wearing braces because of the dental glue and how difficult it is to brush your teeth because of it.
Having a Perfect Smile Is Easy
To answer the question of how to have a perfect smile — just wear Invisalign! However, some severe cases, unfortunately, can’t benefit from these clear braces, but that isn’t the end of the world. You can always ask your dentist if you can switch to Invisalign at some stage in your treatment.
These clear braces aren’t only beneficial to our confidence and mental health, but they’re comfortable to wear and won’t irritate your gums. But many people worry about is the cost of Invisalign. Well, traditional braces are indeed less expensive, but the price of Invisalign always depends on the number of trays needed. Plus, you can’t put a price on a perfect smile.