A career in IT is one of the most prestigious and growing fields, and it is expected to grow in the coming years. However, in IT, there are many fields where you can find a career, but you just have to pick the one that interests you.
Thus, among all IT careers, cybersecurity is one of the highest-paid and most demanding careers. If you are thinking of making a career in cybersecurity, CompTIA certifications are the ones to go for. Each CompTIA certification expands your expertise in IT infrastructure cybersecurity.
CompTIA certifications provide a range of certifications from beginners to professional skills. Many certifications come and go, so be updated with new and expired CompTIA certifications.
With these CompTIA certifications, you’ll be able to develop basic through advanced levels of IT skills. So below, we have listed the highest paying CompTIA Certifications.
Highest Paying CompTIA Certifications
- CompTIA Security+ – $110,974
- CompTIA Network+ – $82,656
- CompTIA A+ – $78,629
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) – $74,952
- CompTIA Cloud Essentials – $93,821
1. CompTIA Security+
Annual Salary — $110,974
CompTIA Security+ is one of the CompTIA core certifications that teaches you basic security skills. This certification is the foundation certification one needs to enter the cybersecurity field. It ensures you get practical skills and be problem-solving. So it prepares you better for a cybersecurity career, being one of the entry-level certifications.
For this certification, you need to pass the Security+ SY0-601 exam with a minimum 750 score out of 900.
The computer world is full of digital attacks, and it’s increasing more, so with this certification, you will be able to cope with increasing cybersecurity attacks. Due to the increase in digital threats, demand for this security increases.
Jobs with CompTIA Security+
You can get jobs like:
- Security and Systems Administrator
- Helpdesk Manager Network
- Cloud Engineer
- Security Analyst
- Software Developer
- IT Auditors
- IT Project Manager
Task and Responsibilities with CompTIA Security+
- Assist in identifying vulnerabilities and attacks before they can infiltrate IS
- Need to find out the threat along with the remedy for removing it and maintain security
- Plan effective security measures or an encryption plan and implement it
- Prepare proper network architecture for the company
2. CompTIA A+
Annual Salary – $78,629
CompTIA A+ is one of the core certifications which introduced the career of IT in this present virtual world. This certification validates their core knowledge and ability to deal with critical problems. Today’s emerging technologies like cloud computing, data security, and management are supported by CompTIA A+ certification.
If you like to get certified with CompTIA A+, you need to earn two core certification series, i.e., Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002). In order to qualify for certification, candidates must pass both exams covering the following new topics:
- Basic security skills
- All kinds of operating systems knowledge
- Providing solutions for all core services
- Data storage, backup, and recovery practices
Several expanding areas of the IT support sphere are covered in the new CompTIA A+ Core Series:
- CompTIA A+ 220-1001 covers mobile device technology, network technology, hardware, virtualization, and cloud computing, as well as network troubleshooting.
- CompTIA A+ 220-1002 covers installing and configuring operating systems, securing networks, troubleshooting software, and operating a computer.
Jobs with CompTIA A+
- End-User Computing Technician
- Service Desk Analyst
- Data Support Technician
- Help Desk Tech
- Desktop Support Administrator
- Technical Support Specialist
- Field Service Technician
- Help Desk Technician
- Associate Network Engineer
- System Support Specialist
3. CompTIA Network+
Annual Salary – $82,656
A career in IT infrastructure can be enhanced by obtaining the CompTIA Network+ certification covering network configuration, finding issues, and its management. It provides knowledge on networking skills and helps you to manage network administration.
If you want to make a career in Network+, you need to pass a new exam, i.e., CompTIA Network+ N10-008, as CompTIA Network+ N10-007 will retire in June 2022.
CompTIA Network+ is a core certification in which one needs to learn basic networking skills as it teaches you about network integrations and the emerging technologies being used in deployments. But make sure you have experience in networking, and you have earned CompTIA A+ certification as its prerequisite to get certified with CompTIA Network+ certification.
Jobs with CompTIA Network+
- Junior Network Administrator
- Datacenter Support Technician
- Network Engineer
- System Administrator
- NOC Technician
- Telecommunications Technician
- Cable Technician
Task and Responsibilities with CompTIA Network+
- Take care of enterprise networking, its handling, and management
- Network maintenance and security against vulnerable threats and attacks
- Planning enterprise networking for better network performance and secure deployment of network
4. CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
Annual Salary – $74,952 per year
CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is one of the CyberSecurity certifications that helps identify, deal with and prevent cybersecurity threats. By monitoring network activity, the certification helps to anticipate and mitigate the problems. It covers the most current core competencies of a security analyst.
You need to pass the CS0-002 exam to earn CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) certification. Once you earn this certification, you will learn to find and detect threats and ensure data security.
Jobs with CompTIA CySA+
- Security engineer
- Security analyst
- Tier II SOC analyst
- Security monitoring
- Threat hunter
- Threat intelligence analyst
- Incident response or handler
- Compliance analyst
- Application security analyst
Task and Responsibilities with CompTIA CySA+
- Need to make a proper security plan to prevent an enterprise from threats and vulnerabilities
- Need to monitor systems and applications for security management and improvement
- Effective implementation of techniques of threat detection
5. CompTIA Cloud Essentials
Annual Salary – $93,821
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ is one of the CompTIA certifications that anyone can take from a non-tech background. It is suitable for both technical and non-technical backgrounds. It is an additional CompTIA certification that helps show proficiency with the business and technological facets of cloud computing.
You need to give the CLO-002 exam to get CompTIA Cloud Essentials professional certification. Since this certification is for both IT experts and non-IT experts, everyone in the company can know how to make smart choices regarding cloud technology when making decisions.
Jobs with Cloud Essentials+
- Sales and Marketing Staff
- Business Analysts
- Business Process Owners
- Managed Service Provider Personnel
- New Data Center Staff
- Technical Support Staff
Task and Responsibilities with CompTIA Cloud Essentials+
- Analyzing and understanding use case models
- Decisions using cloud services
Thereby these are some of the CompTIA certifications that are doing well in the market along with high paying. Choose your interest in the field and go for it, be certified and make your career.